How can I set additional fees to the order?

Today I received an order but the customer paid instantly via PayPal before I could have set additional charge for PayPal fee. How can I set additional fees like at BrickLink? I'd like to set a 5% fee of the total amount as PayPal fee before payment is sent. Thanks in advance for the answers!

Comments

• 4 Comments sorted by Votes Date Added
  • I found info at https://www.brickowl.com/help/store-fees
    So if I want to add fee I need to increase "shipping cost".
  • In Hungary you shouldn't have a problem with this but US sellers need to be aware that charging a fee for using Paypal is against their terms. They will cancel your membership if they find that you do so. The way around it is to offer a discount on other methods of payment where you may incur no fee (IBAN, cash, check, Google Wallet, etc.)
  • Word from the 'other' site is that PayPal is changing their terms in the EU to match their policy in Canada/North America coming in Jan if I remember correctly.
  • edited December 2017 Vote Up0Vote Down
    @benjudge looks like you figured it out: BO does not support any form of fee (*) ;-) So indeed simply increase a bit your shippingcosts (and 'items' if you feel it's needed). Also what @dagsbricks says is correct, indeed in EU one can charge a fee for the use of paypal, but people seem to forgot about another rule in the ToS of Paypal: You cannot disfavorit Paypal when doing so: it technicly means you also need to charge the same 'fee' with other payment methods if you don't wanna breach their ToS.

(*) except the 'combined' fee, as the system allows buyers to generate additional orders to 'open' orders, those additional orders have no minimum, so a few cents of parts would generate a second payment with paypal, with it's minimum cost offcourse... The combined fee allows to cover that 'minimum' cost.