Poor quality service

Hi. I've been a Lego collector for about 35 years, but this is the first time I've bought spare parts, and the first time I've used Brick Owl.

Unfortunately, I've just received my second package and I'm very disappointed with the service from this and the previous store already. I'm still awaiting a third package from Europe and I'm already disappointed with the time the delivery is taking.

Both packages received so far were missing some parts, and today's actually had other extra random parts in!

Is this the kind of service I can expect from all stores on this site? Or have I just been incredibly unlucky so far?!

Thanks for any insight into the way this mini-market really operates.

Comments

• 5 Comments sorted by Votes Date Added
  • Sounds really unlucky. I'm not sure how things are as of late but I've made 100+ orders over the years. Only 2 were downright trash. A few others were as you describe. But all the rest were spot on.
  • Thanks for the quick reply - that's somewhat comforting news. I was looking forward to getting all my sets 're-completed' over the coming years.
    I have just had a very quick reply from the seller (in the US, I'm UK) and they apologised and offered to send the missing parts immediately, so that's a fair result.
  • Good on them! That's no cheap fix but it's more honorable than issuing a refund for the missing parts, parts you likely are really looking forward to getting and don't want to have to order again elsewhere.
  • @grimreaper39uk You might have been unlucky indeed, it's certainly not a 'standard' to receive incomplete orders, but no seller is flawless, we're humans ;-)
    Your best course of action is to contact the sellers about the mistakes, if they have 'routine' on the web they will most likely make it right, if not, you have the option to leave less favorable feedback to tell other potential customers...
    A seller might throw in an occasional extra part, if it seems 'too much' (or too wrong) then maybe one of their baggies ended up in the wrong order. Best is also to ask, particulary if you also have missing parts, as they might have made a mixup, which means another buyer might have your parts.
    Needless to say a case like that would be complicated to get sorted.

In regards to time frames: Sellers have a selection on that, you can check it on their homepage, most will have either 1-2 or 2-5 business days, but there are sellers with higher delays.
    But that's the 'posting' timeframe, sellers have no control on transit timeframes as those depend on postal services and custom controls.
    +Keep in mind the world enters the busiest time of the year: lasts yearly from mid november 'till mid januari for all sorts of shippings.
  • Beware buying any parts made of or include rubber (tires etc) from outside the eu. They trigger the organic compound detector and will almost definitely be inspected... that can take a long time!

Most stores are very accurate and dependable. But there are 1 or 2 that consistently screw up. Unfortunately there is no way for a customer to make a favorite or least favorite list. Best to make a manual list of stores to avoid, which hopefully ends up quite short!

And look at feedback before ordering - stores cannot leave a negative for a customer, so feedback left for stores should be a useful indicator of quality (mostly) - store owners can respond to feedback left so you can see any spiteful comments left by customers - usually.