Parts with decoration / sticker without any description and picture

Good morning,
I have started to add stickered parts to the inventory. During my search if the parts are already available I found a lot of parts (e.g. 30602) which have neither a detailed description nor a picture. It says in the title of the part only 'LEGO Slope Curved Top 2 x 2 x 1 with Decoration (30602)'. The mistery for me is that also some parts are offered by some shops. How do I know if I were a seller that this part is the correct decorated/stickered part for my set?
Maybe I am missing some information somewhere on the page, but I am really confused now. :-)

Have a great day,
Oliver.

Comments

• 4 Comments sorted by Votes Date Added
  • Those parts were probably added by Bricksync's synchronization with the seller's Bricklink inventory. All those parts have a BLID which is not visible on the catalog pages but is used by Bricksync to synchronize inventory between the two sites.
  • Oh, that's funny. I have understood the Bricksync sync software that it won't add any parts to Brick Owl. That's the reason why I am working on my "missing part list" to add these parts to Brick Owl.

Thank you for your explanation. Have a great weekend,
    Oliver.
  • If the parts you want to add are on Bricklink, you can make an API search to find their Brickowl ID. Then you can simply add a photo if missing and don't have to create a new item. This would also prevent double entries for the same item.
  • Bricksync doesn't add parts to the catalog. But when Brick Owl started they took all the parts that were on Bricklink at the time and added them here. But most of the stickered parts have only a BLID and BOID and a description that doesn't make it clear which part it is. Bricksync has a command that will look up the BOID for a part if you give it the BLID. That way you can easily see if a part is already in the catalog here.

If a part is already in the catalog you can just submit a picture for it and a better description. For newer parts you'll usually have to add them although some have already been added by other sellers and catalog contributers.