Hello BO!

Just wanted to say hello and see if anyone can help me get started.

I have a store and set up payment methods. I figured out how to upload inventory.

I can't figure out the shipping. How do you set up the shipping? What's a band, price, etc?

I'll upload some inventory as soon as I can figure out how to sell here.

Thanks,

Bill

Comments

• 7 Comments sorted by Votes Date Added
  • Welcome Bill,

One thing you can do is look at the "delivery" page on different stores. It should give you a good idea what others are doing and how it is set up in general.

There some threads with some good info in them too.

Joe

• Shipping bands are basically thresholds for shipping costs. It's based on the weight of the order, so you'll want to add an ounce to account for a padded envelope, or more for larger orders/parts that require boxes.
  • Welcome Bill!

Set it up just like your chart on BL. Except don't forget to subtract the amount of your packaging. I've found that I generally use a small 0.3oz bubble mailer on smaller orders and a larger 0.6oz mailer on larger orders. So I set my bands to 0-2.65, 2.66-3.65, ... 5.66-6.35, 6.36-7.35, etc.

I did the same for international and then based Priority off the furthest distance with a promise to refund any overages.

Don't forget to change your units to Imperial in your settings.

Brian
  • @DagsBricks What country did you use to set up international shipping? There's so many variables, I didn't know if I wanted to mess with it, just use quotes. But I'm sure my international buyers might appreciate a quicker checkout.

Enoch
  • There's really only 3 international rates for FCIM. One for Canada/Mexico and the other 2 don't vary by more than a dollar if that. I used the most expensive band. I should add a band for Canada/Mexico though.

Brian