Need guide on how to manage inventory from BO to BL

my wife and I run this small business from our home and i was hoping for someone to guide us on how to can i update my inventory from BO to BL. every time we finish making our changes in BO i have to delete all inventory in BL then upload all the inventory from BO. i know there must be an easier way. i tried to do the brinksync but every time i "sync" our inventory it would delete all the inventory i just added in BO. maybe i'm doing it wrong, but we love the ease of updating inventory in BO. any guides would be greatly appreciated

Comments

• 4 Comments sorted by Votes Date Added
  • Hello,
    Unfortunately there is no option. I too LOVE Brick Owl's processes but the sync option is only from BL to Brick Owl. I think there is some sort of propriety issue, not sure, hopefully someone else has more information. At the moment you have a choice either start using BL's system or keep spending time deleting and updating as you go...I personally prefer the latter. I can not get around how bulky, and awful BL's system is after using Brick Owl. Like going from a diesel tractor to luxury car....

Castle.
  • @dhbarron @castle One can use BO as 'master' inventory and update BL afterwards by using the 'sync bricklink' command (= force to update Bricklink inventory only), personally I don't recommend to work that way but it is technicly possible if one choses to. Also, the disadvantage is that the slightest writing error in the command will resume to a regular sync !!!!!!
    If one uses the 'sync' command (without the site name behind it) bricksync will always look both directions (but with a priority for BL) and indeed delete all non matching stuff.
    So there is no need to delete the BL inventory all the time, just use the correct command ;-)
    Sidenote: it takes a while before BO refreshes all newly listed items, so you may wanna wait a (long) while before using the 'sync bricklink' command.
  • Update your inventory in BrickStock and let BrickSync do all the work updating BO/BL. I used to do what you do, keep BO as my master, but using BS is so much easier. The one downside is that it cannot access BO's price history, though I'm not sure how relevant that is anyway because it doesn't seem to relate to sales but rather the prices that things are/were listed at.
  • Thank you all for the help ! much appreciated