Keeping Track of Store Inventory on Multiple Sites

So since the kibosh on the BL Sync, I've had a couple of orders. I run a small shop, so it's been pretty easy to just log into either Brick Owl or "the site that shall not be named" and manually adjust my inventory... so far. If I get an order with a lot of different lots, or multiple orders in one day, it's going to get sticky.

Also, I have a few hundred bucks of parts ready to upload, and I'm not sure how to go about it.

So the question is, Has anyone come up with a new way to quickly keep inventories synced up (without creating a liability for Brick Owl, of course)?

Enoch

Comments

• 9 Comments sorted by Votes Date Added
  • I use my own program (triggered by order notification emails) to keep my stores in sync. I am working on another program to help matching up lot ids from both sites so that these lots can be synced. Until I have that finished I will not load any new inventory since I do not want to have to manually adjust inventory.
  • Would you be willing to license this utility once you have it polished a bit?

Enoch
  • I would be so interested in something like this.
    James
  • It seems that the BL sync feature is disabled, but there is still a mass upload type feature, where one of the acceptable formats is BL csv. I wonder if that could be used somehow?
  • I have figured out a way to successfully update my Brick Owl inventory but I am still trying to come up with a way to get that xml file when I get a Brick Owl order to update my Bricklink inventory.

PP
  • Lawrence, can we have a button that gives us an xml file with the ext id and sold items. Seems like it should be ok.
    James
  • Lawrence, can we have a button that gives us an xml file with the ext id and sold items. Seems like it should be ok.
    James
    That's pretty much what the BL Sync was, so I'm going to guess that the answer is no.

Enoch
  • I know. It was just wishful dreaming.

James