Minifigure Weight

Awesome idea @Lawrence on the weight calculation! Is there an easy way to see what part of the minifigure is causing an unknown weight to fill in the missing data? Or do we have to click on each piece and figure out which one is missing the information?

Thanks,

Tyson.

Comments

• 9 Comments sorted by Votes Date Added
  • There isn't but head/normal legs/normal torso should all have a weight so it'll usually be any new parts like headgear
  • I put in weights for the 71040 Mickey (tuxedo) however they all showed zero. Should the decorated torso and legs have had a weight already?

Also very elegant solution to ensuring the detailed parts all get a weight instead of just the minifigure. I didn't even think about putting in the information on the parts previously.
  • Although they have no weight set, they do have an assumed weight so it doesn't need to be set. The torso/legs are a bit special because they're actually assemblies of their parent.
  • So in my example, all weights for inventory are populated, yet the minifigure weight sill remains blank.

Is there an update timing? Thanks in advance.
  • My mistake, I had forgotten to add it to the automated stuff that runs every night, the weight has now been calculated for that figure.
  • Do you think we can do the same with minifig shipping size? I would love a check box to let my shipping costs get calculated by the parts-shipping-size, not the minifigure-shipping-size.
  • @Pherly Are you thinking an addition value from the sub parts? I don't think this logic would work due to the torso being assembled together. The torso's are combined weight right now, arms and hands may not add that much to a combined size... Gets complex when you have a headgear or head that is larger in one dim than the rest of the figure. I will turn such pieces or remove them from the minifig for shipment to get under 2 cm (Canada cheap shipping window) but I think this needs to be done on a fig by fig basis. Not easy to write a script to turn a piece every once and awhile. (Maybe I'm wrong).

I have 128 minifigs to measure when I get some time...
  • For shipping size the system could treat it as an order that consists of each of the minifigure's parts. Should be easy for the system to take a minifig's inventory and calculate shipping cost that way.
  • @paulvdb Yes, that was what I meant :-)
    @leopard37 Right, my problem is also the headgear. I can ship every standard minifigure without headgear for 1.50€ (1cm maximum thickness), but an attached piece of headgear makes it thicker in the system than it would be with the headgear separated from the minifigure. I would not make it a total minifigure size as treated by it parts added up maximums but their separate part sizes like Paul pointed it out.