Is there any way to adjust a refund total before stripe payment is captured?

Here's the story, I was able to refund about half of the shipping on an international order. I submitted the refund, but the box popped up ~~are you sure everything is correct. So I clicked yes, and hit submit again. The box popped up again ~~are you sure everything is correct, so I clicked yes and hit submit again. Now I see that the refund when through twice. Buyer has now only paid $0.10 and I'm out the shipping cost. Really hoping there is a way to adjust this refund before it gets captured on Stripe. Anyone have any ideas?
Thanks, Katie

Comments

• 7 Comments sorted by Votes Date Added
  • Have you logged in to your Stripe dashboard, there may be an in-built delay to prevent incorrect refunds being processed. Never been in this position thankfully but the dashboard has a lot of options so there might be a way.
  • I only see capture and release. I'm pretty sure I can hit capture and it will allow me to adjust the capture amount. But I don't think that will do me any good. On BO, the little box that says ~do stripe adjustment automatically was checked, so as soon as I mark this order as shipped, the both refunds are going to go through.
  • The only solution I see at the moment is to never mark the order shipped, do a manual capture for the correct amount. I could try getting the buyer to send me money through paypal, but they may not have a paypal, they are a brand new buyer from Sweden, and also sending emails addresses through BO message system is (last I heard) hard to do. If there is a language barrier, I'm in trouble. Not sure it's worth all this hassle for $7.50, but it's the principle of the thing. I like things to be in order.
  • Your solution should work - a manual capture would release the excess and you could then mark the order as shipped after the "capture by" date has passed. Not ideal by any means though as the customer will get a "your order has shipped" email maybe after they've actually received the package. Is it possible to call Stripe to see what they suggest?
  • I'm not going to sweat it right now. I will ship the order, and wait a bit. Lawrence might be able to remove the one refund, and if he can't, then I will do a manual capture in a couple of days. Thanks for letting me bounce this off of you :-)
  • I always capture the payment when I move the order to "Processed" and it is ready to ship, by then I have made any refund/adjustment to the S&H if necessary and BO only captures to right amount.