How to pay a different amount of fees?

(How) can I pay a different amount of fees? I always do it on BL, better for my administration.. Can't seem to edit the amount anywhere.. Thanks!

Comments

• 2 Comments sorted by Votes Date Added
  • @Teup You can't change the amount... BO continuously adds new fees to the owed amount. At the first of each month it will check whether you 'owe' fees or not, if not, then it will check again the next month. If you do owe fees on the first, and you pay on the first then the counter will be at 'zero'. If you don't pay, then any new order of the running month will 'increase' the 'owed' fee, so if you postpone a couple of days or a week, or 2 or 3 weeks then every fee on new orders will be 'owed' on top of what you owed the first. Technicly (compared to BL), you don't owe those additional fees 'yet', but that's just the way it is on BO, the system is simply different.
    Look at it from another way as well: if you pay halfway trough the month, then the counter will be at 'zero' at that point. If you don't have too many sales, then the first of next month you might end up 'under' the threshold to pay, so your next payment might be another 1,5 month later...
    Obviously the latter becomes irrelevant if you owe fees each month. Then simply pay each 'first' of the month in the morning (obviously it might include fees from midnight 'till morning should an order roll in) ;-)
    On BL you don't have to 'edit' either as far as I know, what you owe on the 1st midnight is billed on the 5th, you can 'choose' to include fees from orders between the 1st and 5th when you pay, but I don't see the purpose either: if you wanna run 'by the month' then simply leave the amount 'as is'.
    I frankly don't see (enlighten me) how either system would make it easier or harder to work an administration, it's an invoice, so whether the invoice includes a couple of extra days of fees or not, you still need to pay the fees sooner or later, so whether it's included in this months bill or next month bill won't make much difference. The only difference it can make is a statistics calculation to calculate your montly return (sales value, minus 'my cost', minus general costs like fees=return), but for that you can simply download the CSV of each month...
    Oh wait... :-/
  • Hmm well, I simply don't want to have to keep a permanent buffer on my PayPal account each month to anticipate any possible fees, and each month go through the hassle of sending it, save it, and then by the end of the year add everything up with the exchange rates of the respective days for my tax returns and check if I didn't leave out any (because you cannot tell by the number, it may not be 12). On BL you can enter the amount by yourself, so I just send $200 at a time. Clutters less :)
    It's not a disaster to do this stuff, but it seems to me it benefits nobody, it would just be much simpler if I could simply edit that field and make it for example £100.