Shipping Setup Issues for Empty boxes/Packaging

I am finishing my store setup for a switch over, I am almost there..
While all the shipping method I setup are working properly for sets and parts/minifig, I am having an issue when Packaging is ordered.
For example, even thought I have Dimension Limit of 200x160x50mm for First Class shipping, that method will be picked when I add to my cart Packaging for 6862-2 (260x190x60mm).

Does anyone has some input of this ?
Thanks,
CB

Comments

• 2 Comments sorted by Votes Date Added
  • Is there a way to set certain items in my inventory (i.e., Sets, boxes, etc) to require a quote for shipping instead of automatically going to the shipping setup for everything else? Would be nice to have it an automatic thing so the buyer does not have to guess.

Also, I have buyers that want to know how much more they can add before the shipping rate goes up to the next level. Can the buyer see the weight of their order while they are shopping? Is it possible to show them, while shopping, how much weight they can still add before they reach that next rate level? This is especially common for me when they are international orders and they want to order as much as possible for that weight before it increases. The problem is that when 1 item is added they need a new shipping quote. It gets crazy to have to provide so many quotes for 1 order just to maximize the amount in the package for that weight class. I do it because buyers appreciate it, but there has to be a better way.
    M