Feedback Boost

When I signed up here I sent a picture of my BL account for a feedback boost. I never got one... :-(

Comments

• 17 Comments sorted by Votes Date Added
  • What does everyone think about deleting all the feedback boosts in fairness to those that can no longer get them? I don't think it makes a material difference to new buyers.
  • You can request a feedback boost, There should be a link on your profile page. The previous feedback importing system was ended. You can request a feedback boost based on your performance on any marketplace.
  • Upvoted to scratch all feedback boosts. After all with all the catalog changes this is a new place to sell.
  • Need to do something to encourage customers to leave feedback, or at least a way of seeing how many sales a store has had then if feedback boost is to be removed. I know it has been said before.
  • +2 I agree

@Admin

fairs fair lets delete the feedback boost - not only that it may be putting off new converts
  • Is there a precedent for the feedback boost?
  • Just for reference :
    http://brickowl.com/forum#/discussion/63/feedback

Don't mind either way, I have no leverage on the decision as I am such a small store, but also either way I quote my earlier post.
    Other modern commercial sites have done similar things. Really it makes sense- Sir Troy, to name a name, has a prior reputation which is relevant to future dealings.
    Other modern commercial sites have done similar things. Really it makes sense- Sir Troy, to name a name, has a prior reputation which is relevant to future dealings.
    +1 I see no reason to change it.

• The boost should happen for new sellers here that have a reputation elsewhere.
    +1 No Change other than making it available to all - 1 time upon entry to Brick Owl. Reputation is important when I shop anywhere. Its like a performance review and keeps me honest.
  • I'd like to suggest a happy compromise. We can have a Brick Owl feedback score (because it's important to know what sort of feedback a particular Owl has on *this* platform), and separately, a Reputation score based on feedback that the person has accumulated on other platforms (so that buyers can rely on this as an indication that the seller has a track record of trustworthiness).

My own view is that having a combined feedback score through the feedback boost system might not necessarily be for the best. There are a couple of sellers (including on BL) who have extrememly high feedback: 6K+ or 12k+ but actually their service levels are atrocious and/or their high feedback masks the many tens of negatives and neutrals that they have accumulated. Luckily they have not come to BO so far, but if they did... it might colour the perception of the marketplace.

• All I can suggest before there is any consideration of simply removing any feedback boost is that all members who have received a boost are contacted as some may not read the forum, and I am sure we do not want an influx of 'where's my feedback gone' posts.

@poseidon1001 I think that would be a very helpful compromise should there be need for a change.
  • There are a couple of sellers (including on BL) who have extrememly high feedback: 6K+ or 12k+ but actually their service levels are atrocious and/or their high feedback masks the many tens of negatives and neutrals that they have accumulated. Luckily they have not come to BO so far, but if they did... it might colour the perception of the marketplace.

When you have that many sales you are bound to have some "atrocious" negs - it would be/is the % that would bother me more example: - 10k feedback 50 negs is 99.5% positive - I would be happy to trade with them even with 100 negs (1%) I'd still be OK - now if they were all recent I'd likely stay clear.

Also until you have more than 100 feedback recorded (approx 500 transactions) - it is fairly obvious where you started + it's mentioned as "so and so received a FB boost..."

I'm OK either way, which is likely the staus quo = leave as is Graham

• I think these are outlier cases as are sellers who have had years of great service and then suddenly rack up the negs like Perterz did on BL. Oh wait, he was in a serious car accident so that's completely understandable.
  • @poseidon1001 One reason I think this is a minor issue is there is a person making the decisions and not an automated system. It's a "request" for a boost, right now I have every reason to trust admin will make the right call.

Joe