New COMPLETE minifigs in part outs.

Hello,
could someone please explain the procedure for adding a complete minifig to an existing part out. I will use the current set I have parted out...set 41315. The minifig parts are sold as pieces, how do I add the option for selling Mia complete? And I seem to see that there is issues with accessories, so does she get sold with or without the life jacket?

Thank you ,
Castle.

Comments

• 5 Comments sorted by Votes Date Added
  • I had this issue recently but thanks to Lawrence discovered it's pretty straightforward. On the Inventory tab for the set there is, in the description, a hyperlink marked 'Create missing minifigures'. Click this and it will list all the parts in the set. Simply select the parts required (head, hair, torso, legs) and create the figure! You can also submit a name at this point too. Once approved, the complete figure is listed in the inventory with a 'Break' option, allowing a customer to see the four individual pieces. I would say don't add the accessories, leave those as part of the set. I think accessories are only part of the collectable minifigure sets. Hope this helps!

James
  • Minifigs should be composed as diplayed in the (yellow) box 'shots' in buildinginstructions.
    So including neckbrackets, capes, skirts, lifejackets and such, but no handheld or removable 'accessories' (like pouches).
    If a fig is displayed with helmet (eg) and hair next to it, then it must be composed with helmet, if it's displayed with hair and the helmet (eg) is standing next to it, it should be composed with hair.
    Preferably exactly as on BL, as many sellers 'sync', so any 'additional' item (or altered composition) that gets 'in' the minifig compared to BL, might mess up those sellers listings.
    The only exception on BO are indeed flowers, butterflies (etc) in the hair of friends (and similar) figs, as it might generate too many minifigs (once with, once without the flower, butterfly, etc), particulary as BO is designed to automaticly generate the same fig in other sets when it finds 'matches'.
    So in set 41315, Mia should have her lifejacket included in the composition of the fig.
  • Hello,
    Thanks Jay37 and RobErNat, I have now submitted Mia and hopefully, look forward to adding her complete to my catalogue for sale.
    I have included the life jacket.

It seems that one has to look for the hyperlinks, on each page to work out how to do things...I guess it gets easier. Now I can add other Minifigs too!

Castle.
  • @Castle It does indeed takes some time to figure out how the catalog is built and how to proceed (and in which order). But in general it is quite intuitive and in most cases quite handy, but it remains a 'several step' process in some cases (creating a new part for instance if the part is not yet in catalog, await approval, create fig, await approval, add details like weight/dimensions, await approval). So just a matter of doing some pretty easy things first and build up your experiance, after that it get's easier indeed :-)
  • Hello RobENat,
    I have limited time, so the support from the forum is appreciated. Sooner I work how things are done, sooner I can get my catalogue sorted. Many of the items I have either are not in the catalogue yet or do not have specifications including photos, so as often as I can I will fill the gaps. But I also need to be selling the items, so hence resolving things I do not understand.
    I do like the way the site is managed, and I think, so far, the website is run correctly, so hopefully this will be home for a long while. I am sure there will be people who contradict this or say I am too inexperienced to make judgements, however the fact as a newbie, I am able to navigate and resolve, means something is being done right.
    Castle.