Unsolicited coupons

Please provide a way to opt-out of receiving unsolicited coupons, or at least the email that is trigged by them. I received an email at 2.32am this morning because the same store sent yet another unsolicited coupon. Not happy being woken by an email alert on my phone (which admittedly I usually turn off overnight, but still...).

Comments

• 13 Comments sorted by Votes Date Added
  • I'm in IT, if I let my phone awaken me based on emails I would never sleep. I recommend you determine what the email address is of your cell phone number (Google it) and set up an email filter to auto-forward certain emails to that address which will then basically be an SMS. Then modify the contact settings to make special sounds for SMS coming from certain contacts. That way you can silence your emails but still get alerts of important ones.
  • How about BO adheres to the law and not send unsolicited email?
  • I'm very sorry to hear that you are receiving unsolicited coupon, we have contacted the store in question, and reduced the limit on user-specific coupons.
  • @Lawrence Would it be possible to have an option at checkout where customers can tick a checkbox if they would like to receive coupons from stores? Sending coupons is a great marketing strategy for stores and I dare say most customers would appreciate receiving them.
  • Hello Lawrence,
    I also think they are a great marketing tool, but can appreciate that sending the coupon could annoy some customers as above. Last thing I want to do is convince a customer I dislike them by sending them a coupon they do not want. However in light of the above comment, I think I will adjust my terms too and not send them out after sales.

Always good to hear gripes from customers, though. :)

Castle.
  • edited September 2017 Vote Up0Vote Down
    I never considered some customers might find coupons annoying. I usually send them out to customers who provide feedback, as a sort of reward. Some of them may think I am punishing them instead.
  • Let me clarify, this guy had sent many coupons in the past, and I'd never used any. Had never been a customer of theirs either. And this one woke me up and left me very annoyed. The last part was my own fault but I shouldn't need to set up incognito mode in order to avoid unsolicited email.
  • Perhaps sellers should only be allowed to send _one_ coupon to a customer after a previous order.

Plus some monthly quota of extra coupons for non-customers? Based on some formula that depends on the store's monthly orders?

It could be a good idea to consider implementing something along those lines.
  • Just requires an additional per user setting: "Accept all coupons, Accept all coupons from sellers I bought from in last 6 months, Reject all coupons"
  • @Lawrence Test ? Would that be a 'posting' test or do we need to test a new feature somewhere?
  • How embarrassing, ignore that.
  • edited September 2017 Vote Up0Vote Down
    :-) no worries, we all sometimes type something too much LOL