Import minifig inventories?

Lawrence, you clearly have inventories for many of the minifigs somehow, since the images are being auto generated, but the minifig doesn't have an inventory, which makes finding it in sets nearly impossible. Can you import these inventories automatically somehow? Will take a lot of afol hours otherwise!

Cathy

Comments

• 6 Comments sorted by Votes Date Added
  • Alternately, if it were easier: an interface on the set inventory screen that allowed me to designate some items as being a mini figure inventory would also work pretty well.

Under the current system, my work flow would have to be:

1 Open the set inventory.
    2 Open the mini figure in another tab. (Which may not be easy to find, if it isn't in the set inventory and has no inventory. Edit, create inventory, click add.
    3 Back to set inventory, find the boid for the first part, copy it.
    4 Back to minifig, paste boid into search half of screen, click the item.
    5 Close the top half of the screen. Click add again.
    6 loop to step 3, once per minifig part.
    7 Save the inventory for the minifig
    8. Edit the inventory for the set to add the minifig.
    9. Start the next minifig.
  • Alternately, if it were easier: an interface on the set inventory screen that allowed me to designate some items as being a mini figure inventory would also work pretty well.

Under the current system, my work flow would have to be:

2 Open the mini figure in another tab. (Which may not be easy to find, if it isn't in the set inventory and has no inventory. Edit, create inventory, click add.
    5 Close the top half of the screen. Click add again.
    8. Edit the inventory for the set to add the minifig.
    Good call, was thinking along the same lines earlier, would be nice if the process could be simplified and sped up if possible.

Maybe ability to select the minfigure in question, and go to the set inventory and just click all the items related and pull them over to the minifig inventory, possibly with the selection remaining in the current colour specified in the inventory to further reduce a step in the process.
  • Something like:

Click minifigure in inventory-click create inventory-click parts from set inventory-submit
  • Updating for Lawrence's change today:
    My process for dealing with minifig inventories:

2 Open the mini figure in another tab. (Which may not be easy to find, if it isn't in the set inventory and has no inventory. Often I start from the minifig and find its set.) Edit, create inventory, click add.
    5 Close the top half of the screen. Click add again. [Sometimes I don't have to close and re-open, sometimes I do?]
    8. [This step is no longer needed]
    So Lawrence, while auto-assigning the minifig if it has an inventory already cuts one step from the clickfest, some easier way (like nathvw says above) to put parts into a minifig would be a much bigger gain.