Active carts when closing store

Is there any way of giving advance notice to people with active carts that I will be closing my store other than just putting a discussion up on the forum or on the home page of my shop ? I'm pretty sure I once read that all active carts empty as soon as a store is closed

Also is there any way of putting a notice up for new customers on the store information part of the sales screen or even a notice as soon as they add their first item to the cart.

I know I could set the shipping time to 6 - 14 days to accommodate holidays but I'm wanting to close for a few months.

Comments

• 3 Comments sorted by Votes Date Added
  • There isn't a way to do this but closing your store won't empty carts. You could potentially set your dispatch time to 6 - 14 days a couple days before closing your store to prevent it from being found in the catalog so customers have a chance to checkout if you wish.
  • I too have recently closed my store temporarily. I'm in Miami and preparing in the event of hurricane Irma. I noticed the amount of open carts has remained the same. I did notice a few website hits so I guess customers can still enter my store and at least have a look around. I've also received one feedback from a previous sale since my store has closed.
    After hitting the closed button I just left a banner letting customers know I'd be temporarily closed due to the storm.
  • @2Lego19 - well wishes for what's to come. Stay safe.