Accepting multiple currencies

Hi,
am new to the site and selling, could some please tell me how to change/accept multiple currencies. I am sure it is simple but the option eludes me.
Thanks in advance.
Castle.

Comments

• 8 Comments sorted by Votes Date Added
  • I could be wrong but if you use Paypal you can accept payments in any currency. In your store settings you can set which currency to display your prices in, but I believe these will show in the 'home' currency for the customer based on their location at the current conversion rate. So, for example, I am based in the U.K. so display in pound sterling, but someone in Australia would see those prices in Australian dollars and Paypal does all the conversion for me.
  • So basically I advise buyers which currency I accept in my terms and conditions and they should either pay or convert to those currencies - is that right?
  • Found it myself...chose payment option...selection region/s as wanted....choose currencies...hold the CTRL key to pick multiple options...save - done!
  • Also make sure to enable those currency's in your PayPal account!
  • > @BrickGenie said:
    > Also make sure to enable those currency's in your PayPal account!

I forgot to do that but PayPal asked me if I wanted to accept a payment in USD when I got my first one. That was a couple of years ago though so might have changed.
  • > @Hoddie said:
    > > @BrickGenie said:
    > > Also make sure to enable those currency's in your PayPal account!
    >
    > I forgot to do that but PayPal asked me if I wanted to accept a payment in USD when I got my first one. That was a couple of years ago though so might have changed.

Ah, I remember having to manually enable it many years ago but it could well be they've changed it over the years.
  • From paypal: How to receive payments in a foreign currency:
    Accept:
    • You accept the payment and convert it to your primary currency. The current conversion rate applies, or:
    • You accept the payment and open a currency balance. The payment will be added to this balance. In this case no conversion rate applies. You can use this balance to make a payment in the same currency.
    Deny:
    • You do not accept the payment and this will be reimbursed to the sender. You can ask the sender to resend a payment in the correct currency.

If I recall well, *if* the payment is done in a foreign currency and the account is not set up for it, the payment remains in 'unclaimed' status and Paypal sends a mail to warn the receiver he/she needs to take action (one of the above 3 options) before the payment is released to the account.
  • Hi, thanks for the info for PayPal, but we already have currencies setup there, so it was just a matter of working out how BO does things.