Possible Catalogue Submission Error

Well, not really "possible." More like, "Definite."

@Lawrence: I have submitted an incorrect item edit in a misguided attempt to get an item onto the catalogue. In the light of day (this morning), I have realised my idiocy. I think I was hoping the edit would create an alternate printed version.
LEGO Panel 10 x 10 x 2.33 Quarter Saucer Top (30117)
However, I still need to find the base item or create a new item. I have the part in my possession but I am a little confused as to how I add/edit/create it. It is not ID'ed as 30117. It is clearly marked with 30320 and it is the RIGHT hand printed version in Trans Green. NOT neon green.
See here: https://www.bricklink.com/v2/catalog/catalogitem.page?P=30117pb03R#T=C

Any advise is much appreciated.

Many thanks.

P.S. I'm blaming all my recent stupidity on sleep deprivation. Yes. I am actually blaming a new born baby. ;)

Comments

• 6 Comments sorted by Votes Date Added
  • Why would you wanna create something that is already in catalog ?
    right version
    http://www.brickowl.com/catalog/lego-panel-10-x-10-x-2-33-quarter-saucer-top-with-decoration-30117-538116
    left version
    http://www.brickowl.com/catalog/lego-panel-10-x-10-x-2-33-quarter-saucer-top-with-decoration-30117-763037

The base (= parent) also exists and the 8 known decorated ones are also found under it (some, like the 2 above, without image)

http://www.brickowl.com/catalog/lego-panel-10-x-10-x-2-33-quarter-saucer-top-30117

If you have a trans green one, printed exactly as the decorated 'neon' one, then you don't need to create a new one, you simply list under the correct decorated version, but select 'trans green' in stead of the 'neon green' when listing.
    Would be great if you could upload an image for that color :-)

Sidenote: If you want to create a decorated item that is not in catalog, and the parent is there, then 'edit' the parent and select 'stickered version' or 'decorated version' (depending on what you have) and move forward. If there is no parent, just create from scratch the decorated one.

Sidenote 2: number 30320 is an alternate number on the parent (I just filed an 'add' for it now), it's best not to add it to a decorated version as it might be present on several decorated versions which could cause confusionwhen people search it. If they find the parent, they can work from there...
  • PS the link you posted and the ones I posted are actually items that only exist in trans green, so forget about the neon green thing, you simply have the 'regular' ones ;-)
  • Thanks @RobErNat. I do get a tad confused when adding, editing and creating items. Not only is this a decorated version, the print is also one of two (Right hand side).

Cheers for the advice. When I'm more awake I will get back to editing and uploading the images I have.
  • edited August 2017 Vote Up0Vote Down
    @waynstar If you are unsure about the existence of an item on the site, just ask (or pop a mail). As a guideline, use june first 2013 as kick off date. Around that date BO imported all existing data from several websites, including BL. So everything that was in catalog on BL before that date does exist on BO (check 'added in catalog' date on BL) , but many items are simply not easy to find as the namings have not been adjusted yet, and the pictures are missing as they are not available on LEGO itself.
    So for those items indeed a new picture must be made and uploaded, the difficulty is to find them, particulary if you're not syncing with a BL store (those who do sync have their remarks field and the catalog feature to search 'missing pictures' to figure out what an unnamed/unpictured item is).
    Decorated (printed) items from *after* june 2013 are nearly always in the database, as the data is taken directly from Lego by Lawrence, so you shouldn't encounter any problems there. Stickered items as from june 2013 are something else, as they need to be created by contributors.
    Bottomline: the chances an (older) printed item needs to be created are pretty slim, as in 99.9% of cases the item already exists somewhere in the database ;-)
  • PS: I filed namechanges for all 'quarter saucer' missing names, thay way you'll be able to match them up soon the names are approved.