Is the Bestselling Block Working?

On the Brick Owl home page, the same 8 items have been listed as bestselling for the past two weeks. Is that accurate? How often does it update? Do I need to get some LOTR sets to part out?

Enoch

Comments

• 9 Comments sorted by Votes Date Added
  • On the same lines as this (yes I said it again) could the bestselling and featured items both on the home page and on store home pages alternate every now and again by having more featured/bestselling items in the list and somehow it takes a random selection and updates every now and again, did I say every now and again?

I wish I could say that in a more technical way.
  • We have complete control over what appears on our store pages. If you want to feature different products, you can just change it.
  • edited September 2013 Vote Up0Vote Down
    I know, but personally I think it would be nice if it would alternate now and again, or even just alter the order every time the page is loaded. Nothing major.

Kept my mouth shut before about it as was paranoid it was a bad idea.
  • This has now been made less crap. It shows the best selling items in the last two weeks with a bit of adjustment so the really cheap items don't show up so much.
  • The best-selling on the main page still seems off. For starters it shows the prices in dollar while I see everything else in euro. Secondly most of the items listed now were only sold 2 to 10 times in the last 6 months, 4 times in the last two weeks (by me). One of the items is even not listed anymore ... you can hardly call that best selling, right?
  • I've fixed the currency. I was attempting to make it so it wouldn't just show cheap parts but it didn't work so good. Now it's just in pure quantity,
  • Interesting results in my store. Any chance we can get an alternate version based on number of orders with each part rather than total quantity? In other words, what are most people buying rather than what are people buying most of. I think both versions could coexist.
  • Done, gives slightly different results. Find it in the help text of your pages editor.