Where do I normally find the link to pay fees?

The only time I ever see a link to pay the commission fees is when they become overdue (and then a prominent link is provided). Where do I go to pay this normally (before it's overdue)?

Comments

• 11 Comments sorted by Votes Date Added
  • edited August 2017 Vote Up0Vote Down
    @figbits Hi Marc, in the 'orders' tab, click 'account', the amount of 'fees due' is mentioned there + link to pay if needed.

Cheers, Eric
  • I need to pay my fees. Overdue from beginning of month but there is no link. Only how much is due. Why isn't it straight forward? Account - Charges - Fees - Pay. Simples! Is there an option to set up an auto payment for fees?
  • edited September 2017 Vote Up0Vote Down
    @waynstar *If* you owe fees to BO, then there is a blue link (pay from credit card or pay from PP) on https://www.brickowl.com/mystore/orders/account
    You pick either link and pay...
    Also, when you're on your 'dashboard' you get a line in the right square (tasks) saying 'commision is now due for payment, xxx . Clicking that link leads you to the page mentioned above as well
  • PS autopayment is technicly never possible, as one needs to 'confirm' the payment (Password, login, whatever), just in the same way your buyers need to 'confirm' a payment when purchasing in your store. It would be 'not done' from a seller (BO is a seller of 'services') to 'cash in' directly without any form of approval from the 'buyer' ;-)
  • @RobErNat Thanks for your reply.
    That's exactly where I went but there's no link yet.
    "If any of the balances are over £5.00 at the start of the month, the balance will be due and you will be able to pay it."
    I have been over the £5.00 threshold prior to month end and obviously at month start. Not a great deal of charges but I'd like to get the fees paid as soon as...
    Brick Owl Commission: £5.26
    Rebrickable Affiliate Commission: £0.63
    WallOfBricks Affiliate Commission: £0.03
    Total: £5.92
  • edited September 2017 Vote Up0Vote Down
    @waynstar If you don't have a link, then you don't owe them yet... Dunno how it shows you're side (Pound/Dollar rating) but you might have been just under the threshold on september first (check the amount 08/31). Unlike BL (which closes the amount due on the end of the month), new orders (in september) make the amount 'grow' and have you go 'over' the threshold, but those extra fees are not due yet... So it might simply give you the wrong impression :-)
    You'll have to pay as of oktober first, when you do (unlike BL) it will automaticly include all fees 'ranked up' during the month of september, sounds strange, just the way it is... Bottomline: no link, nothing to pay, check again the first of next month ;-)
  • Thanks @RobErNat. Kind of puts my mind at rest. I'll wait for the link to appear next month. Cheers!
  • Am I right in thinking that affiliate commission is likewise only paid when it reaches the £5 minimum? I thought it would get lumped in with my BO commission but see it's still sitting there. At the moment it's a matter of pence and will take some time to accrue to £5. Don't want a knock on the door from Rebrickable for non-payment! ;))
  • They all have their own minimums as the payments are sent direct, as opposed to through us and then redistributed. Nobody will come chasing you for the payment though :)
  • @Lawrence I wondered whether the 'affiliate' was included or not (as I don't use any) in the BO billing of fees, thanks for clarifying.
    Out of curiosity, at what point (or how) do those affiliate services request payment, I assume they get their info from BO trough an API call, does a member using those services get some kind of notification on the affiliate website or on BO itself (does BO say: you need to pay this affiliate amount 'now' as it has reached the threshold)? Surely nobody will be chasing as you said, but clearly people are also 'honest' (like wayne) simply 'wanting' to pay what their fee, but then it needs to be obvious 'when'...
    Like I said, just curious as I don't use any (atm).
  • Affiliate payments are handled automatically in the same process as paying your normal Brick Owl comission, it's all the same process, they're done as a direct split payment.