getting sales

In the last three days I have gotten 11 active carts but no orders and that so far has been the story of my store for the most part, except for a few sales. Does anyone have an answer is to why I'm getting a ton of views, a lot of active carts, and little orders?

Comments

• 5 Comments sorted by Votes Date Added
  • Variety and deep lots. The more you have the greater chance you will have something a buyer wants.
    We have 10-20 active carts at any given time and on average 3-5 orders per day.
  • Fix your store's home page, it appears to show some broken tag and nothing else.

Make sure you have your shipping methods set up, don't expect people to requests quotes.

But lastly... orders may be slow with an inventory of 7k parts. You may have to sell something rare or at better prices than the large stores. Note that running a serious part store is a big investment of time, energy, money and space.
  • thank you will do
  • Thank you very much for the tip, and will work on my storefront. ^
  • Like Stragus said you'll probably need to increase your inventory to get some level of initial sales unless you have something special or rare someone will buy just due to that. Unfortunately it's a cost risk if your main intent is income. I don't have a store and now have over 150,000 pieces mainly because I wanted them and not for any selling intent (in fact selling would be a huge pain). I recommend keeping your store active, whatever orders come in handle them well, get some good ratings/feedback and gradually build your inventory up.

Also, I can explain the carts but not buys: As I look for parts I need I find multiple stores with those parts, will sort by price & availability and add actually more than I need altogether between all the stores. Usually it's lots of 50-60 different part needs in various counts. After all the rounds adding the items to all the stores who have the parts I needed, usually a few stores will have bubbled up to the top having most or all of the pieces needed. I then buy from the largest carts first and keep going down the list until I have everything I need, usually a few extras. I skip over stores that in the past have messed orders up unless they were really good at helping me with the issue afterward. I will prioritize stores that tell me shipping up front (don't require a quote) and the shipping is reasonable for the order size. I will also (now) skip over stores with ridiculous average lot minimums. Once I have what I need, I end up with a couple dozen stores where I have open carts but will likely never check out unless I add enough to those carts in the future to do a final checkout.

The reason I explained all of that is I'm probably like other buyers - I will prefer to accumulate carts that have most or all of what I need so I don't have to check out at 20 stores just to get what I want, and it's also more cost-effective that way for shipping. The result of this is that stores which don't have enough variety or not enough of the parts they do have will not easily succeed in getting me to check out unless they have some specific pieces I can't seem to get elsewhere at either the quantity they have or the price they have. That's why variety and size of inventory is important.