Extra parts in inventory - why?

I don't know how the back end of the website functions, and would like to find out how and why this is happening.

I have an increasing number of lots that show a quantity less for sale, on site, than I physically have in my inventory!

On items that have this issue, I have checked the history and it tallies up correctly.

I have figured out how BrickOwl causes shortages, but not overages.

I use BrickStock to part out sets, and upload using the merge function, the errors are increasing in number - fortunately this doesn't effect order fulfillment - but there seems little point in a full stock check, if errors are going to accumulate again.

I am not syncing with BL - so that isn't the issue.

Thanks

Comments

• 2 Comments sorted by Votes Date Added
  • edited June 2017 Vote Up0Vote Down
    You can look at the history of the parts, on BrickOwl, to have some idea?

You can also use the BrickSync commands "findorder" and "findordertime" to list all past orders for that part (search for the lot ID to avoid listing past identical lots). Edit: oops nevermind that, you said BrickStock and not BrickSync.

Perhaps the counting scale isn't quite accurate...
  • @Stragus
    I am not using BrickSync yet, and the history tallies correctly.

None of the parts have been manually entered, and each time I part a set using BrickStock - I make sure to combine (or delete) extra parts before uploading.
    I would expect to have extra small parts accumulate with time - but not large parts - I have quite a few "extra" large parts in a good number of lots now.

At the moment all I can think of is that somehow BrickOwl isn't adding (merging) correctly or some lots are being skipped