Order combining fee

Just received a combined order from one of my repeat customers, but it appears the 40p order combining fee has been replaced with 10p! I've checked my settings and it is set to 40p so not sure what's happened. Any thoughts?

James

Comments

• 9 Comments sorted by Votes Date Added
  • Scrap that! The other 30p was added to the shipping on the first order. Weird that it split it that way, but at least it's there.

James
  • @jay37 It would be really weird the combined fee would be splitted over both orders, particulary as the first one might already be paid if the payment method was (is) instant. If what you say is true, then it would be good if @Lawrence could have a look at that, as that doesn't seem the right way at all and could be a bug.
  • Good call. Have double checked and there was approximately 6 1/2 hours between the first and combined order. It's the first time I'd encountered it and to be honest if it wasn't for the low value of the second order I may not have spotted it at all.
  • @Jay37 was the 1st order 1st class and then they've changed it to 2nd with the combining order?
    That's happened to me a few times.
  • @Markyd7 It's possible. They are repeat customers, but having checked back over the previous orders there's a mixture of 1st and 2nd class postage so I couldn't say they prefer one method over the other.
  • @Jay37 if you click on the combined orders separately you can see postage for each.
  • @Markyd7 Both say 2nd class. £1.65 is my postage rate, so should have been £1.65 for the first order then 40p for the second, but ended up as £1.95 and 10p. Although £1.95 is my 1st class rate I always mark the package according to the shipping method, not the cost (which can change based on order size).
  • This can happen when the customer downgrades their shipping method between the first and second order to reduce the amount the customer has overpaid. Both orders will always show the same shipping method as the most recent order. I can deffinitely see how it is confusing when this happens.
  • @Lawrence Thanks for the explanation. Glad it's not a glitch! At least I know what to look for if it happens again.
This discussion has been closed.