Friends minifigures with hair accessories - syncing with BrickLink

Hi all,

Those of you selling both here and on BrickLink, how do you sync the Friends minifigures that have hair accessories? Stuff like flowers, bows, and sunglasses.

On BrickLink the accessory is part of the minifigure, but here on BrickOwl it isn't. Is there any way to link them up in such a way that the inventories don't get out of sync?

Thanks!

Comments

• 6 Comments sorted by Votes Date Added
  • Good question. I tried to submit one such BOID/BLID pair but it was not approved so for now I only sell it on BL.

Part of this problem is also that minifig inventories on BO are often incorrect when compared to the actual set whereas they are correct on BL. In those cases I assume BLID submissions will also not be approved since the minifigs don't match exactly.

I wish the two sites could be on the same page on these things but that will probably not happen. In my experience minifigs and inventories are correct on BL so that's what I go by and that means those items are listed there first. If a workable solution comes up that allows listing them on BO also, then I will.

You have to decide what works best in your case with your process.
  • Unfortunately we have different policies with regards to hair accessories so those can't be linked up.

@bricksinbins would you be able to let us know about any figures with incorrect inventories? We certainly wouldn't want any inventories to be inaccurate.
  • One example I looked at today are the skeletons in set 21127. There are three skeletons. The set inventory on BO only has one. One of the skeletons should wear the body armor, the second the helmet, the third no armor. On BO, the single skeleton wears both helmet and body armor.

The image of the set shows the three skeletons and what they wear. The box also shows this.

In set 60097, some of the heads are switched around on a few of the minifigs, don't remember exactly which ones right now.
    I have come across other examples too but don't have notes on them. Some I have tried to fix in the past but usually I don't have time to get side tracked, especially since I'm not real comfortable trying to fix things like that.

I have to say I don't know what the policy is regarding minifigs but it's not just about hair accessories. Often there are other items that are part of a minifig like things on the minifig's back. It seems things like that are not included on BO whereas on BL they seem to be.

I think in some cases they should obviously be included but in other cases it can be debated. I'm not saying one way is more right than the other. Ultimately I just wish it was the same everywhere and not so much "politics" involved.
  • Thank you for bringing those to our attention, I believe those have now both been fixed
  • After a nights sleep I realised that those who use BrickSync can create their own BOID/BLID translation pair with the owlforceblid command for cases like the friends girl with the bow. I imagine buyers on BO won't mind if they get an extra bow with their minifig. Or don't include the bow if it's sold on BO :)
  • > @bricksinbins said:
    > After a nights sleep I realised that those who use BrickSync can create their own BOID/BLID translation pair with the owlforceblid command for cases like the friends girl with the bow. I imagine buyers on BO won't mind if they get an extra bow with their minifig. Or don't include the bow if it's sold on BO :)
    >

Thanks for the suggestion.
    I guess I'll be doing that then, and thus my OCD will be silenced :)