Feedback

why did my feedback change from 4898 to 4800?

it seems like all the feedbacks were rounded down.... why not up?

Comments

• 28 Comments sorted by Votes Date Added
  • I guess rounding up would be a lie. Rounding down is just an omission.
  • rounding down is a lie as well :)
  • It's less of a lie than rounding up though!
  • Probably to do with the feedback boost people got, mine was also rounded down. I think you should be grateful that you at least got the opportunity to get a higher feedback rating. Does the exact number really matter that much?
  • I rounded the numbers down as the system has changed from being "import" to "boost". It is not meant to reflect your exact feedback, but rather give an indication of what size seller you are in the Lego marketplace world in general.
  • Can we get ebay feedback imported as well? Most of my older ebay feedback is not related to LEGO sales but some recent ones are.

Brian
  • I rounded the numbers down as the system has changed from being "import" to "boost". It is not meant to reflect your exact feedback, but rather give an indication of what size seller you are in the Lego marketplace world in general.
    Well that's fantastic! As I only had 30 FB on BL, the message now says:

Total: 0

Note: Kevin.NXT has received a feedback boost of 0 based on their feedback performance on other marketplaces.

• Ah, I have now removed that message if the amount is zero.
  • So I still don't get a FB boost?

Why round to 100? Why not to 5 under 50, 10 under 100, 25 under 200, 50 under 500, and to 100 for the rest, or something like that?
  • edited July 2013 Vote Up0Vote Down
    I'm afraid so. It's intended to give a very vague indication, rather than reflecting your exact feedback on other sites. For buyers, in the future we will use other metrics to show your participation in the site such as for example catalog points as buyer feedback doesn't mean much other than how many orders you've placed.
  • Maybe I missed the announcement somewhere, but will I and other sellers who recently joined BO be getting a feedback boost as well? I have over 8000 feedback on BL that I would like seen on BO. And I think it is only fair that ALL sellers here either start from zero or get this same kind of feedback boost.

Thor
  • Its for everyone, there is a link on your profile page
  • Sorry Admin, I don't see it there. My BL feedback has not yet been carried over. And I requested this feedback boost when I signed up three days ago. It is cool if you need more time to manually enter it. I just want to make sure I am not missing something here.

Thor
  • It should be here: https://brickowl.com/user in the feedback block.

The original mechanism for doing this, what we selected when signing up, was discontinued after BrickLink complained. I am not sure, but it may have been automated.

The new method requires you to send in a screen capture of your feedback page displayed with you logged in to the other site. You can use ONE other site, it can be BL, eBay, Amazon, etc.
  • So now that I've hit the next century mark on BL, could I get a readjustment to my feedback boost or was that a one-time thing?

Brian
  • It's a one-time boost, not synchronisation I'm afraid.
  • I mean could I send you a screenshot of my new 400 on BL and you could edit the boost? Guessing not.

Brian
  • Afraid not, I only want it to be a one-time thing to get people kickstarted
  • Understood, thanks for the idea even to begin with. :)

Perhaps it could be added as a hint in the new user files. "If you are within a few feedback of the next 100, consider waiting until you've reached that benchmark to ask for your feedback boost."

Brian
  • @Admin (ljames28)- I've requested a feedback boost and haven't gotten one yet. It has been a few days now so I am wondering if I did something incorrectly.

I took a screenshot and sent it in, and also filled out the feedback boost sheet with my eBay username. Please let me know!
  • I've applied to have my feedback boosted a week ago. I have 53 on BL. Does this mean that I get no boost? Will I get a notice of that?
  • That is correct, I have now added a message to that form to make it clear, I didn't realise I had never stated it.
  • This is pretty much an invitation to remain active on BL until I crank it up to 100, just kidding ;-)
  • This is pretty much an invitation to remain active on BL until I crank it up to 100, just kidding ;-)
    Agreed. One argument why I don't like the boost system. It's only useful for big stores and thats not fair, but I repeat myself...

• One comment about the feedback boost.
    I see feedback as beneficial for among other things--showing us who the anchor stores are. If they've amassed thousands of feedback then they are probably doing something right. But I also see it to point out the rotten eggs. Lets say a buyer/seller on BL has 115 positives, 15 negatives, and 15 neutrals. To give this person a feedback boost of 100 that totally ignores their high percentage of non positives is a bit of a deception.
    My opinion,
    Katie
  • We haven't had a case like that, but I certainly wouldn't import a feedback score like that.
  • Thank you. That is good to hear.
    Katie