Minifigure Helmet and Hair

How should I address minifigures with helmets and hair. For instance, Faora http://brickowl.com/catalog/lego-faora-minifigure
The set comes with hair for when her helmet is off: http://brickowl.com/catalog/lego-black-spiked-hair-98385

It seems to me like the hair should be included with the minifigure. I've got one of these and am about to get some pictures. Should I inventory the fig with the helmet and the hair, and then have a picture with the hair as the secondary image? Or should I just catalog it with the helmet, and then add the hair as a relationship?

Enoch

Comments

• 9 Comments sorted by Votes Date Added
  • Just the helmet I think, is that mainly how it's shown on the packaging?
  • No. The action scene shows the figures with helmets and armor on, but the Minifigure box shows them with the hair on and the armor to the side.

Perhaps we should take a poll. This is kind of a big deal and is a major divergence from the catalog system on "the site that shall not be named." It kind of goes along with Wolverine's claws and Cpt America's shield. I really think a more inclusive minifigure inventory would be best, but I may be in an overwhelming minority. Also, it will make it harder for sellers who are going to keep their inventories on multiple sites regardless of recent events.

Enoch
  • Well, I only want one in the inventory, then separately they can have a relationship to the accessory. So it's a case of picking which should they have, the hair or the helmet.
  • I would say an alternative headpiece should go with the figure, if it was supplied specifically for said minifigure.

So if that was the way photo the alt piece next to the minifigure to fit in with the new item picture format introduced yesterday.

'Composite minifigure images now show accessories and other items at the bottom of the image. These are the computer-generated minifigure images.'

But what do I know.
  • @Admin Is there a way to bind the alternative headpiece to the figure in my store?

Enoch
  • If you do the minifigure accessory relationship, at a later point ill make it show up in stores
  • I set up the relationship, but there's no way to add a color to the related part. I even searched for the BOID with the color code, and it just relates the minifig to the parent hair type.
  • Edit:
    I think I may have figured it out. I found LEGO Black Spiked Hair and related that to the minifigure.