Bricksync user error

I keep getting an error every time I try to run bricksync.

BrickOwl HTTP Error - Saving server reply (376+25 bytes) at path "data\errors-2017-04-08\00000.txt".

Anyone know what I am doing wrong? I have double checked the BO key so am not sure what is going on.

Comments

• 7 Comments sorted by Votes Date Added
  • @JMTBricks Did you run Bricksync before without hastle? Does it work in the mean while? Maybe there was a server downtime (maintenance).
  • Open the file "bricksync\data\errors-2017-04-08\00000.txt" and look what BrickOwl is saying.

What's the operation attempting to be performed? Check the log file in bricksync\data\logs for details.

Perhaps the API key is okay but it doesn't have inventory access permissions?
  • I get four of them each time I do an upload, three of them are for items to be deleted, but the fourth says lot can not be created, but I can't see which lot it relates to, any suggestions welcome:

==== HEADERS ====
    http/1.1 500 internal server error
    date: sun, 09 apr 2017 11:04:17 gmt
    server: apache
    expires: sun, 19 nov 1978 05:00:00 gmt
    cache-control: no-cache, must-revalidate
    x-content-type-options: nosniff
    content-language: en
    x-frame-options: sameorigin
    vary: accept-encoding
    content-length: 47
    connection: close
    content-type: application/json

==== DATA ====
    {"error":{"status":"Lot could not be created"}}
    ==== END ====

• I am trying to do an initial setup of my BO account. I have never run Bricksync before. I initially had an issue with BL setup, figured it out ( i think), then ran BS and it pulled my inv from BL but keeps timing out on BO. This is from the errors folder if that helps.

==== HEADERS ====
    http/1.1 403 forbidden
    date: sun, 09 apr 2017 03:27:52 gmt
    server: apache
    expires: sun, 19 nov 1978 05:00:00 gmt
    cache-control: no-cache, must-revalidate
    x-content-type-options: nosniff
    content-language: en
    x-frame-options: sameorigin
    vary: accept-encoding
    content-length: 25
    keep-alive: timeout=2, max=100
    connection: keep-alive
    content-type: application/json

==== DATA ====
    {"error":"Access Denied"}
    ==== END ====
  • "Perhaps the API key is okay but it doesn't have inventory access permissions?"

I have not done any actions to give permissions that I am aware of. I assume I am missing something I should have done now that you said that lol :).

• I figured out the permissions, I must have missed that part. Thank you all!
  • I get four of them each time I do an upload, three of them are for items to be deleted, but the fourth says lot can not be created, but I can't see which lot it relates to, any suggestions welcome:
    Bricksync generates a daily log file (besides the error files), you need to explore it as it contains information on what is not syncing and what is thrown out (and generates an error). In some cases it might be due to listing an 'undertermined' version of a part, I know for example part 2362 causes such.