How to deal with an unpaid order sitting as "pending"

I've had an order that was placed 4 days ago. It is still listed as "pending" and I've received no payment. I send the buyer a message the same day it was placed, and have received no reply. The buyer has less than 10 feedback, but they are all good, including "Fast payment."
What are the next steps?
Should I cancel the order?
Advice would be quite welcome.

OOO_Shiny
Free US Shipping

Comments

• 7 Comments sorted by Votes Date Added
  • I would just wait a little longer and try to contact the customer again.
    I once had the same issue and after about a week the order got paid and the customer appologied for the delay. It seems like he had some major problems to deal with and lego was not his no.1 priotity at this time.
    Its no big deal for me to keep an order pending for some time. If i have to cancel it, the work will be the same in a few days.
  • edited March 2017 Vote Up0Vote Down
    @OOOShiny What's the value of it!? If it's not much like under $10 I would send it, over I would wait, but this is my opinion. Recently a friend sent an order worth of £25 paid by e-cheque, once the buyer received it he cancelled the e-cheque, and he did that to about 10 other seller's, he was having 100+ positive feedback. The thing is a couple a weeks before he purchased from me as well and it was about the same amount around £20, and guess what? I've sent it. Luckily I've received the money. So ever since i wont judge such situation by the feedback.
  • Is it pending on PayPal - in a currency you don't automatically accept?
  • Nope. For some reason the payment didn't go through. Maybe she closed the page before complete. Anyway, we both double-checked, didn't find payment, and it is now paid and packed. Thanks everyone!
  • I have an order outstanding that the shop refunded without even a message to me. I left them some rather polite feedback, but the order still looks pending. How do I wipe it off the system?
  • @jayneflakes would you be able to let us know what the order number is?
  • @jayneflakes would you be able to let us know what the order number is?
    I will PM you because I do not know what the reason was for the problem with the shop.