If anyone wants to see what obsession looks like...

My 2 biggest days receiving packages at the same time:

http://www.brickblvd.com/blog/latest-hauls/

And after tonight of my latest few orders, the spending spree is basically wound down.

Buying any more special bricks would be a bit nuts, I have to get back to building not buying. I've also got over 2700 LEGO VIP points to use up when Lego hopefully replenishes their stores next month with fresh PaB bricks. If the variety isn't great then I'll just use the points on a decent set as I have plenty of base building bricks right now.

Comments

• 3 Comments sorted by Votes Date Added
  • Left a very brief comment.
    It's funny to see all those jiffy bags arrive in such a scrunched fashion. Mine leave here almost pristine so it goes to show how important it is to choose the right packaging option depending on what's going to be in it.
  • So far I think most stores seem to package well enough. Most use the padded envelopes - for larger orders I do sometimes get a box. Anyone who doesn't ship with padding - the LEGO pieces have sharp edges & poke the bag. The pieces themselves don't really see damage but that doesn't help if a hole pokes through the bag & they drop out. One seller wraps his bags in Saran wrap which holds them together pretty well on the inside (though makes it a little harder to initially separate the bags out).

I'm still going through all these. Since I ordered so much recently the packages have been coming in daily and I think I have about 2 dozen orders still on their way with about 20 I'm going to go through today.
  • After my latest purchases & a local in-person purchase of someone's rather large random collection, I need to update my estimates of parts owned to over 80,000 now. I will be getting another haul from this person next week and figure I'll be close to 90,000. I didn't realize collecting pieces for building would end up taking way more time than actually building! There is some meditative aspect to the ordering, receiving & organizing of parts and when I put the time to cleaning the local purchases that may be meditative as well... but I really need to curb the buying and focus my time on building.