What use is this ? (in store dashboard)

What is the purpose of :-

"Popular Search Terms"
and "Last 5 Search Terms"

or why are they there? - i've been meaning to ask since day 1

Comments

• 3 Comments sorted by Votes Date Added
  • I believe the "last 5 search terms" are store-specific and are exactly as described. I have seen these change quickly (if someone is searching live) or sometimes they remain unchanged for a while. I would assume that a general catalog search followed by a click through to a store does not count, but once in the store other searches do. I would also guess that clicks on the 'similar items' don't count. Results are hit and miss depending on whether the customer knows the Lego name and indeed correct spelling helps! As for "popular search terms" I'm not sure, but think again they are store specific, and are a cumulative total. Probably not overly reliable as indicators as they are user-based; '1x1 plate' will return different results to '3024'.

On a similar note, does the 'most viewed' category on the storefront ever change? I'm willing to bet that the Star Wars Battle Droid is not the most viewed item in my, or indeed anyone else's, store!

• On a similar note, does the 'most viewed' category on the storefront ever change? I'm willing to bet that the Star Wars Battle Droid is not the most viewed item in my, or indeed anyone else's, store!
    Good question. Seems like that category has not changed in a long time. The same items have been displayed there for quite some time now.
  • I did take a look at most viewed, it's the most viewed "ever", as in, cumulative views, as opposed to for example most view in the past week. Therefore it is somewhat useless. The view count also isn't store specific.