Orders not arrived

I just got a report from a buyer in France saying his order has not arrived. I shipped out the order a month ago. He was a first time buyer then with a newly created account. Now a month later he has five ONRs on his account. In my book that is well beyond coincidence. Not much I can do about it, small order and no tracking.

So if I understand it correctly, I do the refund (PayPal) from the order page and then mark it as resolved? Can I after that then file the ONR? Or should the ONR be filed first?

Comments

• 11 Comments sorted by Votes Date Added
  • Also, is it possible to remove the feedback I gave they buyer?
  • Doesn't sound good. #Lawrence
  • Could you put the user name on here, there might be more if you.

We've had this before, 4 others and me. Strangely the customer didn't seem interested in trying to work out why 5 orders hadn't turned up. As soon as I started questioning him he filed a PayPal claim and changed his user name!
  • This buyer did not contact me saying he's still not got his order. Straight to filing the report. There needs to be an option to not allow orders to be placed from buyers with things like multiple ONRs.
    He has 8 FB and 5 ONRs. Unless some feedback has been removed he claims 5 out of 8 orders not arrived. Six including the one I sent.
  • Maybe 3 haven't done the ONR report.
    I'd contact them and see if they've had any problems as well.
  • edited March 2017 Vote Up0Vote Down
    To clarify the ONR report count you mention, is a count of reports from the customer, not from stores about a customer. We did look into this earlier tonight, and although the count is high, packages may have just been delayed, or some local postal issue, as there are also many successful orders.
  • @Lawrence Did you check whether those successfull orders had shippingmethods that where 'non disputable' because they had tracking or other proof of delivery? It basicly comes down to determine whether the buyer only files ONR's (and Payment disputes) on 'non tracked' orders, just because he/she knows he/she 'can'. Is it possible, yes, there might be something wrong with the address, with the buyers surroundings (open postal box), with his local postal system, but personally I wouldn't exclude there is something wrong with the buyers behaviour either, 6 non received in a short period, mathematicly that is highly unlikely...
  • @Lawrence Did you check whether those successfull orders had shippingmethods that where 'non disputable' because they had tracking or other proof of delivery?
    Exactly my thought also.
  • It wouldn't be prudent to discuss in public in detail, but please be assured we did thoroughly look into this situation.
  • You may want to consider a fraud rating system based on billing addresses and shipping addresses, with a threshold to allow stores to decide whether they want to: 1) fulfill the order or 2) cancel the order & credit the customer back. Or, to require tracking for fulfillment. The only customers this will tick off are the ones who are shady. It won't help with first-time customers based on billing/shipping but for that you can look into some third party anti-fraud guarantee services.
  • Looks like the same member filed an issue report (the very first I've ever received) with an order placed at my store.