Inventory

edited September 2013 in Brick Owl Vote Up0Vote Down
I like BL. I like BO. They are both wonderful sites that I enjoy very much for very similar reasons. There are of course pros and cons on both sides. I enjoy selling and organizing Lego, it is my hobby. Some people fish, some people play video games, I sell Lego (and occasionally build as well). I have a company that keeps me busy, 4 kids and a life outside of this though. That all said I would like to maintain my inventory on both sites but I have no idea how to go about doing that short of adjusting each part on each site as it sells which is not feasible. I assume there must be some way to use brickstore to do this but I can't quite figure it out. If there are any tips that someone would like to throw my way I would be appreciative. If this is not possible then I will probably try to split my inventory between the two but this is definitely not optimal.
James

Comments

• 6 Comments sorted by Votes Date Added
  • As it stands now (with BL blocking the sync and BO changing its inventory) I foresee a sync being very very difficult in the near future. Personally I would suggest to split your inventory based on either new/used or type (sets/parts/figs). At least that's what I would do.
  • Something I have been mulling over in my head is to continue with the mirrored sites and just close the store on one site or the other when an order comes in that is too large to easily go to the other site and adjust inventory. Like this weekend I will be at the bay where there is little to no internet service so I will close one store, when I get back I will adjust the inventory in the closed store and reopen. Seems tedious but it would give me the time to make the adjustments. Not sure how well this would work but I think it would be workable. So are there any obvious flaws in my near genius plan.
    James
  • @Badlove That is what we are planning to do as well. We did that when we first got here and it worked fine (although as you said, tedious).

Tracy
  • From my selling experience a closed store hurts your sales longer than the closed time. I always see some delay until the orders return after I open shop again.
  • @the_Hellmouth Interesting, I did not realize that. Well either way unless we get the mega order from Hades we will just manually update without closing.