Store open when ordering but now closed and no emails replied to

21st Feb made an order with a store in holland. Order went through ok, PayPal was fine. They say 2-5 days to ship but after 5 days no replies to emails. and lo and behold today the store says it is closed.
So is it worthwhile me just cancelling the PayPal payment and starting again with another store ?
Edit. I will have to open a dispute as the money has already been taken..that will take even longer !

Comments

• 12 Comments sorted by Votes Date Added
  • Usually the best thing to do would be to give the store a few days to reply, and if you don't hear back from them within a reasonable timeframe, it may be advisable to open a PayPal dispute for the payment. We have also contacted this store directly.
  • Lawrence, thanks for the reply. Under normal circumstances I am usually quite patient and if a store says up to 5 days to process/ship then I give that store up to the full limit of 5 days ( working ones as well ). But since I have sent several emails up to that date, after the shipping date and still not received anything I had no option to file a PayPal dispute. I think that is fair given the lack of communication and I am always open to a resolution as ultimately I would like the items.
  • I had to close my store recently at short notice for family reasons - i am a "one man band" so no one could take over, fortunately it wasn't same day so I was able to close after processing open orders.

This could be the reason - many stores are just one person - and urgent and/or unexpected things can happen - sickness, accidents etc

hope it works out for you, if it was my store I wouldn't be upset by a charge back - I would expect it.

Before giving them a strike for failing to supply please ascertain what happened!
  • Maybe mention the Store, someone might know whats happening.
  • I had to close my store recently at short notice for family reasons - i am a "one man band" so no one could take over, fortunately it wasn't same day so I was able to close after processing open orders.

This could be the reason - many stores are just one person - and urgent and/or unexpected things can happen - sickness, accidents etc

hope it works out for you, if it was my store I wouldn't be upset by a charge back - I would expect it.

Before giving them a strike for failing to supply please ascertain what happened!
    That is a fair point, I always am accommodating as I can be and quite understandable when it comes to personal reasons, family, health etc . I have subsequently looked at the feedback on the site and there has been one or two occasions or slow shipping and delays with this store so it has happened before. As to the point about a strike against them, I am not a huge fan of negative feedback just 'because' so will just mark it up as a bit of bad luck, get the refund and move on.
  • Maybe mention the Store, someone might know whats happening.
    http://lossestenen.brickowl.com if that helps
  • @Cdodsworth You may contact me privately if you want a bit of background about the MO (modus operandi) of 'lossestenen'. Be prepared to read an 'essay' :neutral:
  • well the plot thickens... after getting the low down on what this seller is like ( far too much detail to list on here ) I was already to just let the PayPal dispute carry on yet this morning an email comes from the seller saying he was sorry for the delay and it had been posted. Odd how a dutch seller and based in Holland sends stuff via Deutsche Post as opposed to PostNL but we shall see what arrives in the post !
    I shall update this post as and when the stuff arrives, cheers for all your replies, appreciate it
  • NO delivery as of yet, it was sent 2nd March but I don't know how long orders typically take from Holland but when it arrives we shall see if it is complete and all in order
  • @Cdodsworth, some Dutch sellers who live near the border with Germany ship with Deutche Post, because they are cheaper with higher weights.
  • Finally an update to close off this chapter. Got the parcel eventually on Friday, collected from the post office Saturday. So from date of order (21st Feb) to delivery ( 10 March) it has been quite a long time and although the order was complete, I was not happy by the condition of the bricks. Not nicely packaged , just some worn freezer bag, parts were grubby and dirty ( yes even for used parts they were bad), the lack of communication and long delivery just made me wary of ever ordering from this store again . Lesson learned, not every store seems to bother. Neutral feedback left in my case.