Sales tax

Question:
Starting October 1st central standard time, I will be a registered business and therefore I would have to collect sales tax.

In the store setting area I can select in a drop down box my country/tax rate which is "U.S. 7.5%"
According to law I only have to collect tax on sales in my state of Minnesota. I am making sure that the tax is only added to orders in my state.

Secondly, my tax rate is slightly less than 7.5% (7.375% to be exact) am I able to manually change this somehow? I do not want to get in trouble for charging customers to much sales tax.

Thank you,
Chris

Comments

• 3 Comments sorted by Votes Date Added
  • edited December 2013 Vote Up0Vote Down
    You are probably best off not using that as when I implemented it I did not understand the US system, I will disable it in due course. Do a search of the forum, I think it was Thunor who had a similar problem and worked something out in the end
  • We only collect sales tax if you are selling to a person in the state you operate your business in. In my case I am in the state of Minnesota.

Also, states and even the small cities in though states have different tax rates that they can all set. My particular city, I have to collect 7.375%.

I will definitely talk to Thunor about this and look up old forum posts.

Thank you,
    Chris