Shipping Bands

Is there a US seller who primarily sells sets that would be willing to share what shipping bands they use for their USPS domestic and international rates? My primary issue is: With sets, the packaging can be a significant percentage of the total weight, particularly with smaller sets (1-2 pound range) and I'm trying my best to accurately account for packaging without gouging my customers for extra shipping. Since I sold only parts up until August of this year, I don't have enough order history to take actual data to populate my shipping bands.

Thanks and I look forward to opening my store here!
Brock

Comments

• 3 Comments sorted by Votes Date Added
  • @Brock, sorry, we're mostly parts. We have a ton of sets but I hate packaging them so we don't list them (and no, it's not because I want to keep them...no, really, it's not...) LOL. Just wanted to say Welcome!

Tracy
  • So, I took most of the day and the night to grind through all the possible shipping arrangements for USPS shipments around the world and made up plenty of probably wildly inaccurate weight bands to go with the thoroughly accurate postage prices. We'll see how it goes. Experience will help me refine the brackets and I'm sure I'll refund a few over-payments, but this should be fun. Got a few sets and minifigs listed now which was enough to get the store opened up. Hmm. Wonder when I'm going to sleep?

P.S - If any US seller wants to save the aggravation of compiling all the prices, I'm happy to share what I've come up with - They are all commercial base rate online pricing.