brickstore

edited September 2013 in Brick Owl Vote Up0Vote Down
If Brickstore can't be used "as is" - is there a way to remove the BL ID or ignore that column during the upload to BrickOwl?

Comments

• 10 Comments sorted by Votes Date Added
  • There already is that option I think.

still,

Is "the site who tries to sneak around loopholes" a good image to portray?
  • It isn't about sneaking around loopholes. It is about our freewill to sell our inventory when and where we want. I can sync my eBay inventory with my Amazon inventory as well as with my own websites inventory. It is a common practice in ecommerce. That is what they are halting. They are making it harder for us the consumer and trying to force us to pick. If an alternative isn't figured out I believe it will hurt Bricklink more then it will Brick Owl as nobody wants to give their hard earned money to such a company. I will list some items here and only here and when I see the sales climb to more then 3.00 or 4.00 and become more regular I will close my Bricklink store permanently and I will urge others that I know well to do the same. I will also stop handing out flyers at conventions with directions to Bricklink for their LEGO needs but instead hand them out with directions to Brick Owl instead. They brought this on themselves. I love Bricklink and never considered leaving. With the economy the way it is here the extra venue was welcomed on my end. I never once had a thought of shifting over to Brick Owl and shutting down on Bricklink until they forced my hand. There is no reason the two can't coincide.

Gary
  • Hi Gary,

I am doing what I want with my inventory and respecting the clear wishes of Bricklink at the same time.

It's all about the Metadata, BL id and whatnot. Past is done, now is a new game.

They have the bigger hammer. There is nothing new under the sun, the proletariat almost always become the bourgeoisie over time. (can we get political here?) Add your own cliche to the list.

So I am sorry for being blunt, everyone who wants too can work hard and enjoy themselves in the process or stay in the past.

Staying in the past is not working that well for some now.

I have less than half my inventory split here with a lot of hard work. I, in a way, feel equalized with there will no longer be a syncing option. I would be top 4 or 5 stores here I think if I had of been doing that and way too busy.

Last week I only had one less order here than on BL and the value of sales was greater here. With a 10th of the lots and less than half quantity.

Rejoice in a new place to sell something if you want or complain about things I have not been doing while at the same time growing my business.

Would I like to see the nice version of this where everyone shares and syncing is welcomed? Yes. Don't see that any time soon.

With respect and some venting in general, I respect your position and input,

Joe

It's like being forced to say what one of my kids I love more, all this division...

• It's like being forced to say what one of my kids I love more, all this division...
    So true.....
  • The real difficult question is: if you indeed love one of your kids more, do you tell them?
  • Maybe the question should be which one gives you more sorrow?
    (while loving them all the same...)
  • The real difficult question is: if you indeed love one of your kids more, do you tell them?
    If one of your kids was an ongoing disappointment, tediously repeating the same foolishness over and over, would you tell him?

If one of your kids was an ongoing disappointment, tediously repeating the same foolishness over and over, would you tell him?

And if you did repeatedly and nothing changed, in fact, he stopped communicating almost altogether?
  • If one of your kids was an ongoing disappointment, tediously repeating the same foolishness over and over, would you tell him?
    I decided to answer this question yes. Maybe not with words but yes.