Is it possible....

With all the issues at hand is it possible to build and construct a new catalog and numbering system that is more user friendly that would not be impending on these new TOS updates BL has came out with? I understand it would be a tremendous amount of work. I do sell on both sites and now my back is against the wall and I am being forced to choose. I like the extent of the options I have on Bricklink better, however I like the new modern Brick Owl better as a whole. Things get fixed and things work. I have to choose Bricklink as there isn't enough of a customer base here yet to keep the lights on and rent paid. And yes I guess you can consider me a reseller if you like as I do it full time but I chose to do what I love. I figured out a long time ago working a 9-5 I could not afford to buy the LEGO for the kiddos and that's what they loved and all they ever wanted. It was quite demoralizing to see their sad faces each time I had to say it was to expensive. I started out doing eBay and Bricklink part time so I could afford the things I and the kids wanted and it became lucrative enough their was no reason to work for someone else when I could sit at home and play with the toys I love and get paid for it. Anyway the catalog is intense and a lot of work but I am certain it could be redone and done better so there is no way it is confused with the other one. If they want to cut themselves off from the rest of the AFOL community then so be it. Lets redo it and do it better. A good place to start would be redoing the catalog tree. It can be better and more descriptive and more narrowed. I am not a programmer but I am willing to help in any way I can. I choose Brick Owl but I am forced to sell on Bricklink due to the customer base. If anyone knows of a way to continue to sync my inventory without the sync feature please let me know.

Gary

Comments

• 4 Comments sorted by Votes Date Added
  • You could also sell part of your inventory in BL and the rest here.
  • Correct but 90% of my orders are from there so deciding which to list here and which to list there is the question. I would rather figure out a way to continue to list in both places as it is my inventory and I have a right to do so. I am sure someone will come up with a sync feature.

Gary
  • I have a feeling things are going to pick up quickly here, the actions of BL (HK) Ltd is indicitive of a company going down.

A company with convidence in itself would not do this to a MUCH smaller (I'll say "rival") fledgling company, unless it feels very, very threatened.

What a good and strong company would do - is figure out (not hard) why they are loosing business to a competitor - fix it and COMPETE!!
    Competition is good, and there is room for more than one venue in this market.

Now they had better start sending these threat letters to all the "other" venues where folks are using BL terminology. How about Peeron? That's OK but not BO? That's B*** S***

Further (again) they DO NOT own the images nor nomenclature - nothing was created by BL (HK) Ltd, and I imagine very little by it's employees - it was all created by the membership FOR the membership, I don't imagine anyone has assigned copyright to BL (HK) Ltd, everything would have been submitted with the (reasonable) assumption that it was without copyright for the benefit of ALL the community.
    BL (HK) Ltd are on a slippery slope with that one, they would be foolish to procede with any (real) action. If they intended that, then they wouldn't be using threat letters anyway!

Ultimately, it's sad really because both venues have good folk as members, altho I suppose the "membership" of BL are now "customers" so where is "customer service"?

it's a bit like the spoiled brat screaming for something that the other has, and if they don't get it they will destroy it so neither has it! Sad.