How cancel a quote request?

I got a quote request from Italy. My usual address sanity check indicated the address is not valid so I send a message to the buyer to please confirm his address. He replies saying he's not sure he wants the parts and asks me to cancel the order. At this point it's only a quote request so my question is: How do I cancel a quote request?

Thanks,
Ken

Comments

• 8 Comments sorted by Votes Date Added
  • You cannot cancel a quote request (or quoted cost for that matter), the buyer can 'clear' his/her cart though, that will completely remove the quote. If you really feel it could become a 'problem order' should the buyer do decide to purchase, then you technicly have the option to stoplist the buyer *before* he can place the order, a rather hard action on the potential buyer, but nevertheless an option if you wanna be on the safe side.
  • To cancel quotes, I removed the items quoted from my inventory and re-add them, it is a pain but it works.
    Cancelling a quote (or auto cancellation after 7 days) should really a feature in BO. Like this week-end, I would have like to easily cancel quotes submitted several months ago because the post office prices went up, and whatever was quoted last year is not valid anymore.
  • Then I add to the vote for such a feature. Either auto cancel after some time or a direct way to cancel. Having to rely on a buyer that changed his mind is pretty iffy and removing the parts and adding them back is really a hassle way that should not be necessary.
  • I tried removing the items by setting quantities to zero. This did not get rid of the quote request. Would I have to delete the lots entirely?
    This is ridiculous. Please add a way to cancel quote requests no longer needed!

And now I have a bar at the top telling me my store may be suspended because of this quote request. Sending a quote when the customer doesn't want it is not exactly professional either.
  • Currently there isn't a way to "cancel" a quote request, we do intend to implement this at some point, the banner at the top of the page will disappear after a week. The customer can request a new quote with their correct address.
  • Currently there isn't a way to "cancel" a quote request, we do intend to implement this at some point, the banner at the top of the page will disappear after a week. The customer can request a new quote with their correct address.
    In this case the buyer wants to cancel the whole thing.
  • If it's just a quote it doesn't really matter.
    I'm guessing you want the number to go?
    Just enter silly amount and put a note with it saying so.

It's not like they have to go through with it, after all it's just a quote.
  • If it's just a quote it doesn't really matter.
    I'm guessing you want the number to go?
    Just enter silly amount and put a note with it saying so.

It's not like they have to go through with it, after all it's just a quote.
    I know, but sending a high quote after the buyer asked to have it all cancelled is a bit unprofessional IMO.