Need help importing my BrickLink inventory

Hi! I'm new to BrickOwl and I'm excited to start selling on this site. I've been selling on BrickLink since April, I've had over 600 sales, and my inventory has over 99K parts. I'm not a computer genius and I'm having difficulty with getting my inventory onto BrickOwl and also they need to sync, of course.
I've downloaded BrickStore. I'm having trouble importing my inventory into that as well. I get an error message (both in BrickStore and BrickOwl) that there is something wrong with the XML (line 2, column 3). I'm not sure, but I think I need to get this issue fixed first before I get the BrickSync working (i.e., I need to actually have inventory in BrickOwl to sync with?)
What is the best way to get help for this? Someone on BrickOwl? Or is the issue with BrickLink and I need to get help for importing a file successfully into BrickStore?
Suggestions?
Christine Dittmann
Barrie Bricks

Comments

• 7 Comments sorted by Votes Date Added
  • Woot, woot! I've managed to import my inventory into BrickStock :-)
    I'm one step closer...
    Is it better to import into BrickOwl from BrickStock, or directly from BrickLink? What's my next step...?
  • @momtomany
    Hi Christine,
    I strongly recommend to use Bricksync, it will do everything for you... Just a matter of setting up Bricksync first and configure it.
    http://www.bricksync.net/
  • I'm making headway. I now have inventory imported into BrickOwl. Not absolutely everything... about 200/9K+ lots didn't work (seem to be mostly stickers). But I can't seem to get BrickSync going. I'm on a Mac. 'Not sure if that's important to know. I entered the API keys between the appropriate ""s for each platform. Nothing happened. I'll look at it some more and see if I can figure it out. Any help is greatly appreciated! I like the look of BrickOwl and I'm keen to get my store up and running :-)
  • Not to worry, you can use Bricksync later on, it will make a match between your BL and BO inventory once you have it running... make sure to manually adjust in the mean while.
    I can't help with MAC settings, someone else probably can, in particular @stragus as he created Bricksync, but most tips can be found anyway in the link above (see FAQ).

Yes, a lot of stickers are missing, I've been processing them the past week, last 10 months are either added or pending, I'm working backwards in batches. Not to worry either, once you have Bricksync, they will be added automaticly when you 'sync'. BS (short for bricksync) will also make logs for you, you can explore them to find out what doesn't sync, items that do not sync must have a BLID added in the database, this is a tedious task which a lot of 'syncers' seem to lack doing( it also means along the way they have more and more stuff that are not listed on BO, looks like that doesn't bother them).

Make sure to explore presettings for shippingmethods, the site works fully automated (if the weight and size data of items are 'in') when it comes down to autocheckout with instant payment. But make sure to leave quote request 'on' for all your buyers so they have a way to request one should items not fall into your presettings.
  • Oh boy! What a lot of great tips! Thanks so much :-)
    So, forgive my computer illiteracy, but how do I manually sync? I've had some orders since yesterday, so I know the two inventories aren't synced anymore (I checked with a few pieces). Surely you don't mean I should go through each item and update them individually (I sell hundreds of lots some days!) I won't open my BrickOwl store until I've got this sync thing working properly.
    And, yes, I did know about the automatic checkout feature; that looks wonderful! A fellow BO & BL seller has said that works quite well for her. I like the quote feature; I use it in my BL store already.
    Thanks again for your helpful replies. I'm confident that I will get this sorted out since I'm able to get the help I need :-)
    Christine
  • edited January 2017 Vote Up0Vote Down
    @momtomany
    Well, as long you don't have Bricksync up and running, you don't have much other choice then to manually adjust your lots, otherwise you might end up selling the same stuff... When I started out on BO, BS didn't even exist, so early starters 'could' only sync manually (done so for nearly 6 months) :open_mouth:
    No secret, it lead to dozens of inventory mistakes...
  • Yikes! Thank goodness for BrickSync! I'll definitely get it up and running before I open my BrickOwl store then. Thanks for all the tips :-)