Any way to download and re-upload a wishlist?

Here is what I'd like to do:

- Download a very large list of items in a particular wish list
- Modify the elements to a the same parts but different color (using a database of part ID's)
- Re-upload the list as a duplicate of the original list but with all being a new color (if the relevant parts come in that color)

Or, is there a way to magically duplicate a wishlist but to a different color?

Comments

• 9 Comments sorted by Votes Date Added
  • Never mind, looks like there is an API. Will try that & do the programming myself. Not sure how to correlate BOID's and color ID's to external LEGO data, is there a lookup table somewhere that I can do the translations?
  • Never mind again, looks like the JSON data contains both bits of data needed. My own data looks either incomplete or the extra element ID is redundant for this. Meaning it seems that for some design ID's there are multiple element ID's that effectively reverse back to the same color definition.

I'll just skip worrying about that for now and I think it may be good enough to automate what I want to do - create wish lists of a single common color (like White or Grey) and then duplicate the lists into different colors (like Sand Yellow) without having to have to manually scour the catalog and add everything by hand.

BUT... wait, I can't because I don't have a way to look up the design/element ID's to the items in the catalog to then create that duplicate-with-new-color wishlist.

• Then again, I think I can use Rebrickable's API to do that but it doesn't look like it has a translation for color ID's but I guess I can just figure those out & then be able to translate and possibly make this work.
  • Seems like I'm answering my own questions, found the lookup list here:
    http://www.brickowl.com/colors
    Which has the color ID's on the links to the catalog. Almost done, got the part-collection done, now just need the step that creates a new wishlist with the alternate color.
  • Success! It worked, I was able to successfully auto-copy a wishlist containing white brick parts and create a new wishlist containing the same parts (if available) with an alternate color - no need to keep track & hunt everything down in the catalog to create color variations of wish lists. The source wishlists can actually be any mix of colors. I did run into some minor errors not getting the design ID of some parts, will figure that quirk out...

I didn't just copy one wishlist to another & re-color, otherwise the parts that don't have alternates would fail an update, it's cleaner to create a new empty list and copy per-item, no pruning needed for the mismatches.
  • Ideally you should be able to download a wishlist in BSX format, edit in Brickstock, and then re-upload. However, BO doesn't allow you to download a wishlist so you're left with complicated alternatives as you've found :)
  • I'll have to look up the BSX format, it shouldn't be too hard to use the API to generate the equivalent of a download. Would be nice to have a wishlist delete method in the API as whenever I would want to generate a new buy list of colors, would be nice to overwrite the existing duped wish lists automatically.
  • BSX is basically XML so it should be easy enough to manipulate.
  • I just thought of a workaround to the wishlist deletion - since the point of the deletion is to create & fill, I will just modify the code to empty the contents of items (qty 0) of whatever is in there.