bricksync startup with batch file?

hi,

is it possible to run bricksync and perform a commmand like saveorderlist xx days from a batch file ?

Kind regards
peter

Comments

• 5 Comments sorted by Votes Date Added
  • @pwpeter
    Not to my knowledge...
    What would be the purpose?
  • @robernat I have an excelsheet which copies data from the datasheet and bsx files from bricksync.
    So when bricksync has not updated (saveorderlist command) i cannot copy it. So it just a bit of covience to be able to run everything with one click :)
  • @pwpeter I have BrickSync running on a Linux machine. It being a character-based program, you can use some tools to "type" the commands you want to execute. It takes quite a bit of scripting (using "screen" to run it in a detachable session, and "expect" to script input and output). It allows me to run a local web site to access BrickSync, with buttons for "blmaster off", "blmaster on" etc. (makes it way easier for my wife to "manage" BrickSync).

In short, as with many computer program questions, the short answer is "no", the long answer is "yes if you are a computer programmer and know what you are doing".

Niek.
  • @pwpeter I have BrickSync running on a Linux machine. It being a character-based program, you can use some tools to "type" the commands you want to execute. It takes quite a bit of scripting (using "screen" to run it in a detachable session, and "expect" to script input and output). It allows me to run a local web site to access BrickSync, with buttons for "blmaster off", "blmaster on" etc. (makes it way easier for my wife to "manage" BrickSync).

In short, as with many computer program questions, the short answer is "no", the long answer is "yes if you are a computer programmer and know what you are doing".

Niek.
    That sounds pretty interesting, do you reckon that would allow BrickSync to run on a headless Raspberry Pi?
  • @pwpeter It already is able to run on a headless Linux server. BrickSync is meant to run 24x7 so it can keep the inventories in sync. You can install "screen" on a Linux machine (if it isn't already installed). Then, as the user you have BrickSync installed as:
    - Stop BrickSync;
    - Run the command "screen";
    - Start BrickSync;
    - Type "d".
    That will disconnect you from the screen session, and will keep BrickSync running. Whenever you want to connect to that running instance, log in as that user again, and run "screen -r". Do your stuff, and with "d" you can disconnect (and log off) again.

HTH

Niek.