Closed forum for sellers?

Don't know if this is possible but a closed forum for sellers only would be nice :)

Comments

• 15 Comments sorted by Votes Date Added
  • surgested this many times on bl yes i agree
  • Agreed! Why bother buyers with our (internal) problems/issues?
  • edited September 2013 Vote Up0Vote Down
    I too agree. No need to clog the forums that buyers see and spit out questions they are not at all familiar with.
  • When I have thought of this, I have thought a buyers only place would be just as good a plan.

Or a question place you know only specific people will answer rather than a free for all.

Joe
  • So who will determine membership to this select platform?
  • @BWA: is this not selected by your selling/buying status? sellers only means you need a store with inventory. Although I have no idea if the distinction buyer/seller is made here on BO.
  • @Hellmouth: was referring to comment below...,

Or a question place you know only specific people will answer rather than a free for all.
    But maybe Joe referred to TLG......? :)
  • I was thinking admin if he was not to busy. Someone of his choice after that, I sure don't want the job. Anonymous or a buyer or whoever.

Most can just e-mail directly anyway, having that option publicly would give some protection from people who default to that route from tangents being taken and, it happens at times, members with aggressive opinions attacking.

One reason for those other protected places to vent, with caution if google sees them.

• If we want to maintain a community spirit here everything should be discussed out int he open. I do not support private groups for any subset of the membership.

That doesn't mean that we can't have seller specific groups int he forum, or that they can't be filtered out by default for buyers. But if a buyer is interested they should be able to see the discussions.

Troy
  • If we want to maintain a community spirit here everything should be discussed out int he open. I do not support private groups for any subset of the membership.

That doesn't mean that we can't have seller specific groups int he forum, or that they can't be filtered out by default for buyers. But if a buyer is interested they should be able to see the discussions.

Troy
    100% agree, what is there to discuss that shouldn't be in the open?

That would lead to cliques and distrust...

Now subdividing the forum might be nice, into two branches buyer/seller then the categories, altho I think it's fine as is: - I much prefer a list of topics over most recent posts, important information doesn't get lost in a flurry of meaningless (to the reader) posts.

Graham
  • I respect where Troy and Graham are coming from. I have occasional questions/concerns about transactions that a buyer could no doubt recognize as THEIR transaction with me and I would not want to upset them. That is the only reason I suggested it.

(Case in point, several buyers here have asked me to add a brick or four to their order after the fact for free. I have no problem doing this occasionally but would not want this to become the norm. I have never had that come up on other venues I sell on. I would be interested in how many others have that happen on BO and if it is a trend that needs watching. And yet I would hate for buyers to see this question and not order from me again.)

Tracy
  • I'm new to this site, but I never thought a sellers-only forum was a good idea anywhere else.
  • edited September 2013 Vote Up0Vote Down
    Although I can understand the reasoning I'd prefer not to have any element of secrecy.

If customers request you add items to an order, I'd suggest informing them they can make a second order and combine shipping. If you have concerns you are also welcome to contact me/other members via PM.
This discussion has been closed.