How to change shipping method?

I quoted the lowest shipping option to a buyer and he went ahead and paid for that option but also left a message saying he really wants the faster shipping method. He didn't know how to request a new quote or change it. I'm not sure how to handle this either. Just change the shipping method and ask him to pay the extra via PayPal?
Is there a way to do this via the BO interface? I know I can change the shipping method but that doesn't change the invoice in any way.

Thank,
Ken

Comments

• 6 Comments sorted by Votes Date Added
  • There isn't a built in way to request extra money from customers so you may want to do as you suggested via paypal
  • There should be a way to change method - regardless of the need to request more $$ - and with that it would be nice that if the quote request required you (store) to select a method as well as entering the quote. That way the customer would also see the shipping note (if any) on check out.
  • @bricksinbins - Best to quote the most expensive method and offer to refund the difference if they prefer a less expensive method (that you would have mentioned in the quote note) - that way you only get 1 per transaction fee from PayPal :smile:
  • @bricksinbins - Best to quote the most expensive method and offer to refund the difference if they prefer a less expensive method (that you would have mentioned in the quote note) - that way you only get 1 per transaction fee from PayPal :smile:
    I suppose that's one way to do it. Anybody have experience how well that works with buyers?
  • hello before you send the quote to the buyer you could message them and ask which type of postage they would like you could also give them the price of the advantages of the different postal types then they can choose which way they want you to post and then you could send correct quote hope this helps regards brennans bounty
  • hello before you send the quote to the buyer you could message them and ask which type of postage they would like you could also give them the price of the advantages of the different postal types then they can choose which way they want you to post and then you could send correct quote hope this helps regards brennans bounty
    That's such a simple and good idea I don't know why it hasn't occurred to me! I will try that next time when there are several possible methods. Thanks!