ONR - how does it work

Hi all,

We have a customer claiming non-receipt, 1st time for us on this site. I have looked but can't find out how this is supposed to work. The buyer is not interested in getting involved with any process here as he is happy that his credit card company are refunding him. Do I need to do anything?

Thanks,

Robert

Comments

• 6 Comments sorted by Votes Date Added
  • The only thing to do in this case would be once the customer is refunded, you can file a report stating that the customer was refunded as the order did not arrive. This will then get logged against the customer.
  • edited December 2016 Vote Up0Vote Down
    @YELLOW FARM BRICKS
    Hi Robert, Admin Lawrence already gave half the answer, so I'll fill in a little (no pun intended towards Admin, but a little vague IMHO).
    You can open the order, click the 'More actions' tab and select 'report an issue' option, from that tab you can indeed select an 'issue type', one option is to indeed select 'order not arrived, customer refunded', so this will get logged on the buyer.
    But it doesn't need to stop there...
    You can use the same tab 'again' and use another option in this case: 'customer initiated a chargeback' (I'm assuming he did, based on your message). Now this secondary option will also be logged against the buyer...
    So this buyers account will have 2 indications, and as a seller, I'd like to 'know' about the behaviour of such a buyer when he buys from me (and technicly that's valid for any seller), if an order doesn't arrive, that's 'one' thing, a chargeback is 'another' thing, as a seller, I wanna know what the buyer did on other sellers, so I can 'anticipate' on 'what might be comming'.
    I hope this clarifies things on the 'possible' actions within the same situation.

That said, a buyer also has options, but fewer, one is 'order did not arrive', I assume they get logged on a sellers account (afaik not visible, besides admin), so repeated 'did not arrive' may lead to an investigation by Admin, but then I wonder, and I believe @Lawrence should clarify, does it limit such investigation to the seller then, or to the buyer(s) as well (what kind of shippingmethod did they select)?

Hope it helps a little 'extra' Robert ;-)

Cheers, Eric
  • Thanks Lawrence & Eric. So far no chargeback has come through, if/when it does I will follow your advice, very helpful. Seems to have been some (not unusual) problems with shipping to Italy this holiday season as we have another non delivery case on another site too although with a more experienced/patient buyer.
    Happy New Year!
    Robert
  • The postal service of Italy has a very poor reputation.

I recommend not shipping anything expensive there unless you have tracking!...
  • hello there was another post somewhere about italian customs due to eu regulations where i think it was only wooden toys were allowed to be imported to italy happy new year everyone regards brennans bounty
  • Update...

Buyer has advised that package arrived on 28th, he wanted it for Xmas. I guess he will not reverse the payment but has not made that clear as yet.

@Stragus, yes post delays are not unusual to Italy especially at Xmas. It was a low value order.
    @brennans bounty, I've heard that before (certainly not EU regulation though) but there are no customs restrictions between UK and Italy as both are currently in the EU free trade zone, the problem is the mail system in this case.

Thanks all & Happy New Year!

Robert