Bl sync question

When syncing from BL to here, if a person has a used set/part on BL, during the sync it gets places as "Used acceptable" under BrickOwl terms.

If I go in and change my parts that fall under "used - good", will they all revert back to "used - acceptable" during my next sync?

Chris

Comments

• 5 Comments sorted by Votes Date Added
  • I think you need to change the import setting on this page:
    http://brickowl.com/mystore/settings/inventory_settings

Then try a sync and see if they are all changed.
  • First, thank you for this setting. I was unaware of this.

Secondly, I tested it myself. I manually changed a used item to "good".
    I conducted a BL sync and the sub category reverted to the setting I have on that page, back to acceptable.

So if I wanted to use the subcategories and actually tell people how used my used parts were, I can not do a BL sync without all the subcategories getting changed to the default setting I have.

This may be a problem?
    Chris
  • edited September 2013 Vote Up0Vote Down
    The only way to prevent an overwrite is to remove the external ID from the items you want to mark as different than the default. However, at that point, the BL Sync will not sync those items, so you would need to update them manually if you make a sale on either site.

So basically, your entire BL used inventory is going to have to be the same level of used condition. I'm not sure there is even a way to address this programmatically, because BL only has the two conditions. We have a higher level of customization on Brick Owl, and BL just isn't going to sync up properly every time. Custom lots don't sync, either.

If you keep inventory on Brick Owl that isn't on BL, those lots will not be affected by BL Sync.
  • I like how BrickOwl lets us have sub categories with the used parts. I will just default to used-good and wait for BL to die before I start actually using the sub-categories so they don't get overridden.