"the auction site" purging

edited September 2013 in General Vote Up0Vote Down
I just learned today that last month they dumped over 15,000 sellers that either were falling short in buyers expectations (in the opinion of ???)
OR they "did not like" for reasons unknown to the seller - I have dealt with one or two of those sellers, and had a great buying experience - so why were they given the boot?
Seems no-one knows, just arbitrary.

Comments

• 7 Comments sorted by Votes Date Added
  • Long overdue, some sellers get away with murder on there.
  • But they have left the crooks alone! Those sellers are still "getting away with murder"
  • @Thunor -agreed! I have more to fear as a small good seller (i.e. paypal holds, Ebay limits and sanctions, etc.) than larger more shady sellers :/ Something is backwards with this system!
  • Just to be sure..., "the auction site" who are we talking about? (Guess ebay).
    Never liked Ebay, does selling bricks (like here and on the other sit(d)e) work?
    (or can you just sell sets and lots?)
  • I would steer clear of ePay (personally) - what happened isn't what they said!

What they said was they were "terminating accounts of bad and problem sellers"

What they did, in part, was shut down GOOD small sellers perhaps because they didn't like what they were selling, they were complaining too much and so on, one that I mentioned was a great seller, a single dad depending on ePay to make a living - selling movie memorobilia legitimate and honest!

I used to sell mini-figs there ONLY, all my parts are here (and - at the moment - the other place), I hold power seller status - but after this I don;t think I shall sell there anymore - I'd rather sell for less and pay fees to a decent company!

Amazon are pretty decent - high commission 17% - possibly good for selling sets - certainly NOT a good place to buy (look at the prices of OOP sets!)

There are some folks selling parts there but the prices are insane, much better off trading here (and the other place)

At least here you know that you are mostly dealing with true fans NOT just people selling "something" to make money...

Graham
  • Etsy did something similar in the past. Went through and suspended/terminated "problem sellers". Which ended up being honest sellers out the door.