feedback and sales

Is there a way to not sale someone with a 0 feedback? or at least a small amount like $20.00 limit? I just had someone request their money back thru stripe saying they didn't authorize it. I might be out $120.00

Comments

• 4 Comments sorted by Votes Date Added
  • no comments - must mean that there isn't anyway of doing this or nobody knows what i'm talking about.
  • edited December 2016 Vote Up0Vote Down
    @MeanGeek
    Let's explore this in a logical way:
    1) not a seller around is able to leave a negative feedback > conclusion, there are no buyers with a 'negative' amount of feedbacks > unlike a website like BL, there is no option to 'block' buyers with a negative amount of FB's
    2) if the site would allow sellers to 'block' buyers with a feedback 'zero', and a large amount of sellers would start to apply that, then how on earth would newbie buyers be able to make their very first purchase ??
    I don't think there is any site around who prevents new potential buyers to register and make their first purchase (correct me if I'm wrong).
    3) What's the difference between buyers with 0 FB, 1 FB, 3FB, 10 FB, 50 FB, 1000 FB's? Is it a guarantee that 'a' certain feedback score 'prevents' that some people start ripping off others? No it ain't, as any smart person, who has the intention to rip someone off, could easely build up a couple of feedbacks *then* do the rip off, as they would 'know' they can circumvent 'site' settings and options.
    So what would be your threshold? 1,3,5,10 FB's before you would allow someone to buy from you? And so in the mean while, as long buyers don't reach that threshold, you don't mind them buying from other sellers? How 'fair' does that sound to the few hundred other sellers on this website who just like you run the risk every day something goes wrong...

So in a logical sense of thinking: there is no need at all for sellers to block anyone on a 'global' level (individual blocks are perfectly possible), as a) it might upset buyers when they enter a store and notice they cannot buy from it. b) it doesn't prevent anything as people can work around it and c) it wouldn't be fair as a whole to other sellers.
    So no, there is no setting at all for this

I don't know anything about Stripe, I have no idea how it works, I don't know the security programs behind it, but I'll bet your best shot is to get in touch with them, assuming you have some form of tracking...
    My personal observation: if the method ain't safe enough for you as a seller, then get rid of it, as whether it is a zero feedback buyer, or a +100 feedback buyer, it won't make a difference if declaring 'unauthorised' use is enough to get their money back, personally I would not even take in consideration to 'use' the payment method if that's the case...

And as a sidenote: you can file a 'report an issue' on this buyer with the option 'filed a chargeback' so that there is a record for other sellers and BO (if repeated, admin will have a look at it).

Now $120, that ain't funny, not even reasonable, and I would hate to live it myself, but I did have my share of a couple with much smaller amounts ($20-40) over the years, it is inevitable and will happen sooner or later, so at some point sellers do need to consider such cases as 'cost of doing business', yes you loose money on cases like that, but technicly you make money on hundreds or thousands of other transactions, so alltough it may hurt 'right now', the many other 'good' transactions make up for it ;-)
    Over the years I've grown a philosofy based on reading many similar tips from others: If you cannot live with situations like that (and it includes secondary shipments with backorders, refunds for missing items on reception, damages caused by shippingcompanies, bad feedbacks even when you did your outmost best or even did nothing wrong at all), if you can't 'live' with bad situations, then one should simply 'stop' being a seller...

Good luck with Stripe (do try to get in touch with them)

Eric

• Not sure if it's against forum rules but it might be worth mentioning their name, just in case this is happening to others. They might be telling the truth though!
  • Thank you for the comments. I don't mind selling to someone who is just starting out but lets say it can only be 20 dollars... because in a way I'm lucky that this person didn't buy three sets. I'm really thinking that this person got his credit card bill and was wondering what is this transaction. ( I have done that before) but I have emailed him twice, and got no response... I also did my report to stripe... so I guess its in their hands.