Part 30237 /95820

I had an order this week for a quantity of part 30237 which has 2 descriptions on Brickowl

LEGO Brick 1 x 2 with Vertical Clip (Gap in Clip) (30237) or

LEGO Brick 1 x 2 with Vertical Clip (thick open 'O' clip) (30237 / 95820)

On Bricklink which is where my main inventory is maintained they do not list the Brick with the Gap in Clip and part 30237 refers to the brick with the open O clip with 2 variants (thick and thin clips).

I shipped parts with the thick open O clip and have received a message back from the buyer who was expecting bricks with the Gap in the Clip. I have no bricks with a gap in my stock.

I cannot recall seeing bricks with a gap in the clip when I am parting out sets and they always get inventoried on Bricklink as part 30237 with the open clip in thick or thin variants, but never with a gap. It would seem that part 30237 on Brickowl has a wrong picture and description as the versions listed and carried over from Bricklink will never have a gap.

Is the variant with the gap in the clip an old moulding and does it still get used in sets. If anybody has any ideas I would be glad to find out more. There are several 30237 listed for sale with a gap in the clip but I wonder how many are like mine - no gap?

I looked on the Lego Bricks & Pieces inventory and part 30237 is shown with an open clip in most cases except 1 which has the gap in Light Blue Gray but is out of stock.

Finally if anybody has 20 new Dark Blue Gray bricks with a gap in the clip I have a customer in Norway who would like them.

Many thanks

Calvin
Central Bricks
UK

Comments

• 9 Comments sorted by Votes Date Added
  • I have some with a gap mostly from sets parted out in 2013.
  • @bnsf734: On BrickLink 30237 is the one with gap (look at their image), the one with open O is 30237b - no variations 'thin open O' and 'thick open O' mentioned. It seems that you mix them up with plates 1x1 with clip where thick and thin open O exist
  • @bnsf734

Your own store clearly indicates you have both versions in stock

http://centralbricks.brickowl.com/search/store?query=30237

It's probably just a case of mixing them up or no doublechecking the version when parting out (sometimes variants are added later on)
  • @RobErNat: (sometimes variants are added later on) - correct but not in this case. Both versions already existed on Bricklink long before Brick Owl started. And both versions were correctly synced already in 2013 (I checked the history of these parts in my inventory, both were correctly synced when opening my store here).
  • @Aladine
    I meant that variants are added to sets 'later' then their actual appearance, if in the mean while a set is parted, a 'non check' will lead to errors in listings because the system (regardless whether it's Brickstock or BL) won't indicate there is an alternate for that particular part in that set, so people skip doublechecking them...
  • Example (and coincidently it is about that part): I recently parted a 60098 set, it only carried the 'old' version of the part, inventoried over a year ago, I added the alternate november 2016. So for one year, everyone 'parting' the set with Brickstock or on BL would automaticly list the 'old' version if they didn't doublecheck, while it's perfectly possible that the newer variant was in the set for many months, if not 'all the time'. We both know TLG does not differenciate and tends to empty their boxes to the bottom, so if the original inventorier happens to have the old variant in his/her set, then that becomes the 'standard', while thousands of other sets carry the newer version...
  • Yes, remaining parts are never thrown away when new versions come up. I just parted out a brand new Coast Guard set which had both versions of the 1x2 panel in it (squared and rounded corners). Same problem last week with tiles and jumpers where new sets contained both versions, with and without groove.
  • Thank you all for your replies.

I have worked out what happens now when this part is imported into Brickowl from Bricklink -

BL part 30237 converts over as the part with the gap (The BO pic shows this much better than the BL one)
    BL part 30237b converts as the part without the gap.

I have just checked my inventory and changed most parts from 30237 to 30237b having only found 4 black 30237 with the gap. A syncronise of inventories has proved successful and my theory is proven. Until now I had never realised the difference as the BL pics are so similar - so I have learnt something.

Now to check on BL when sets are parted to keep things correct!

• @bnsf734
    The annoying part on BL is that if a new version is created a while *after* it's appearance, and the old part is *not marked* for deletion (the case here), it doesn't generate any warning for sellers, so one cannot know for weeks/months there *might* be an issue on the lots you already have for sale. Add to that that 'iventoriers' do not know there is a *split* and the problem just extends... BrickStock isn't changed either (on older sets) so parting out genertaes additional stock problems... I do keep a close eye on all such changes, soon I notice one, I just move all 'related' lot's to stockroom and do a visual check (and split if needed), but most sellers even't don't know about it untill it's too late. At least BO's warns it's sellers there is a major 'split' between 2 variants, so thats a good thing ;-)