Parting out set with BrickStock?

What are the steps to get a parted out set in BrickStock into BO?
On BO there are several import options. Aside from Update there's "Import", "Create" and "Merge". I'm guessing it would have to be one of these. Is "Merge" the one to use?
Will it all work just as if I parted out a set in the web interface?

I'd like to use BrickStock to manage things but I'm really worried it will completely mess things up.

Ken

Comments

• 4 Comments sorted by Votes Date Added
  • Merge probably implies your lot's will be consolidated (advised), I can't really tell as I never import straight into BO, but it does sound like the most practible.
    I personally wouldn't use the straight Partout on BO, unless you're actually cheking lot by lot, too many small 'hickups' and automated variants in inventories on BO.
    Brickstock is more reliable when it comes down to 'inventory' data, you still need to select variants and merge 'extras' , but you have better control as you can work in batches. For instance, select a couple of items, cut and paste them in a seperate file, upload that one and see what happens to your selected lot's after the upload (= check history) , repeat that for a bunch more, explore the changes 'again'. Once you have found out what happens and you 'know' what you're doing and what happens when you do something, you can run larger batches, or entire files... bottomline: keep in control, check and doublecheck ;-)

• Thanks for your comment RobErNat. I see a lot of talk about how great it is to use BrickStock for everything but maybe it really mainly applies to when you have a store on BrickLink? Based on your comment I take it you do things altogether differently.
    You mention "check history". Is there an inventory log of some kind on BO?
  • My storage build up (in particular minifigs and minifigparts) has been based on BL for over 8 years now, BO came along and at some point I tried to run 'partial' on both sites, I considered it non managable for myself and was sure glad Bricksync came along to help me run it. I've used Brickstock (and Brickstore before that) many years before BO came along, so I'm kinda used to it (but would most certainly switch instantly to Brickmanager once Stragus launches it). I can't 'judge' what it would be like to use Brickstock in combination with BO only on frequent bases, as with most things, it's a matter of 'trying' and see what happens.
    Yes there is a 'log' for each lot on BO, browse to your inventory select something and you'll have 4 options: normal, advanced, pricehistory and history, The pricehistory leads to selling data, the other 3 are your own data, presented in different ways. The history feature is quite handy as you can see the evolution of a lot and all actions on it (untill you delete it), including order related lines, quantity changes, personal comment changes, pricechanges, discounts, etc etc.
  • I see, I hadn't even thought to test what the different buttons do on the inventory view. Thanks for the pointers, I'll keep fiddling and trying things little by little. Parting out directly in BO works pretty well now that I have done a few sets and starting to have a process in place for how to do it.
    Looking for ward to see how Brickmanager works also!