Would Experienced Sellers Please Critique New Store?

Hello Experienced Brick Owlers,
I'd love your help with our new store set up. We've been selling on bricklink for a while, and have finally ventured through the confusing valley of bricksync to arrive here in the new land of Brick Owl. It seems most of the inventory arrived safely, though about 150 parts fell off the wagon on the way. That's a mystery to be untangled on a new day with fresh coffee.

Would a few of you please take a peek at the store set up and give us any pointers? Advice would be much appreciated. In particular, we have free US shipping for orders over $10, and I am uncertain I set that up correctly.

Sincere thanks in advance,
OOO_Shiny
http://oooshiny.brickowl.com/

Comments

• 6 Comments sorted by Votes Date Added
  • I'm not a seller or really experienced whit BO but I can still tell you that for now the store look good the pieces and everything are there to get ordered, you would just need to example as some "featured" or whatever you feel like in front of the main page so people can know what you guys have in stock like rare pieces or minifigs on sales, for the bricksync you'll have to wait for someone else to comment!
  • The store looks good. Shipping looks to work correctly from the test cart I made. Missing parts happen to us as well, seemingly due to mold variants or decorated versions which are absent from Brickowl's catalog at the moment.

The one recommendation I would make is setting up the option of payment through Stripe, as it seems to get a fair bit more use here than on Bricklink with the instant checkout system.
  • Shipping methods to the U.S, are looking good.

When you get a chance, set up the ones for Canada and the rest of the world. :)
  • Like Stragus said; take some time to set up shipping methods for most common shipments and destinations. Only then you will take full benefit of the instant checkout. Otherwise you might loose potential customers because they don't want to wait for the extra manual step of a quote.

Good luck with selling!

• Thanks for the feedback everyone, particularly if you took the time to make a test cart. I am waiting until we've processed an order or two to work out the kinks before we go after international. I know only 2 of our 100 bricklink orders were non-US (One Canada, one Taiwan). Is there a higher rate of international buyers here?

I will feature some lots in the next day or two.

The missing pieces seem to be ones that need mapping. I mapped 2 to see if I could. Still waiting back to find out.

Thanks again for your help!
    OOO_Shiny

• My experience is a slightly higher ratio of international orders here. This is from Canada though, where international shipping does start a little cheaper than the USPS.