Minifigures

Hi all, along with selling on this great site, I'm also using it as an aid for collecting;, to that aim i was wondering if there is a way of marking all mini figures with their lego Id as well as the boid.

Comments

• 10 Comments sorted by Votes Date Added
  • @carlptaylor
    What do you mean with LEGO ID for a mini figure? TLG doesn't give minifigures an ID, only their subparts have an ID. Occasionaly, particulary on licensed themes, they get a name, but that's about it...
  • sorry for the delay, mad weekend . in terms of id . Darth Vader (ep 4/5/6) would be sw004, santa vader is sw599, Darth Vader (75150) is sw744; i'm using bl ids, these are also used by other mini figure collectors.
  • Bricklink does not allow BrickOwl to use it's catalogue reference numbers.
  • @carlptaylor I kinda figured you'd be thinking of BLID's, but as MFL answered, the numbering system is purely BL's property (not really true, as the initial numbering started on Peeron, BL just kept building on that system), obviously 'non commercial' sites do use the same numberingsystem, and are allowed to, because they are 'non commercial', while BO is a direct competitor, so no, what you're asking is impossible. Even starting a new numbering sequence which resembles BLID's could be considered 'copying the method', so is 'off limits' as well.
  • @RobErNat, thanks for the clarification.
  • Hi,
    I absolutely understand the problem here. However, this is a problem when picking an order when you use both sites. We have just recently started here but I dread the moment when I get an an all-minifig order.

So, question 1: How do you guys store/sort your minifigs and find them easily when someone ordered them and

2: Is there no work around? sw744 = starwars744. sh001 = superheroes001?

• If you are using bricksync, you just need to load the BO order in BrickStock and you will have the BL ids.
  • Use drawer numbers in the remarks field on Bricklink and if you sync across to Brickowl it will put them in too. If you store only a few minifigs per drawer it will narrow down the one that is on the order.
  • edited December 2016 Vote Up0Vote Down
    You can also put sw744 in the remarks field after the drawer location.
  • @Steineflut
    Some good tips here, and I actually use the same method as Stellar, I put BLID's in my 'remarks/personal comment' field, and I actually also do so for all decorated items (particulary heads, torso and legs) and 'assembly' numbers as well xxxxc01.

examples:
    storage location followed by 'assembly'
    I-09 A287 [3829c01]

storage location followed by 'itemnumber' and available quantity (I do the latter as I don't always put full quantity online)
    M HEADS BOX 04/B21 [92759pb01] V=3

storage location followed by minifig number (also with available quantity)
    MFS 07 [atl013] V=4

It's a bit of work initially, but it's basic copy paste as the remarks field and item number are on the same line when you browse your BL inventory. For new uploads I only use Brickstock, just as simple, all ID's are already on the line, so basic copy paste as well, just a habit...
    Once you have this, you have a 'full check' of the item, besides the storagelocation.
    Personally I store many minifigs (up to 30) in one box, so the itemnumber is in or on the baggie...

And as stated in a previous message, any numbering system that would follow the BL numbering is 'off limit', but that doesn't mean you can't keep track for yourself, by using the remarks field ;-)